Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The importance of FOLIC ACID

Re: The importance of FOLIC ACID

I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this extremely important post.

I'm useless at remembering these things but a few weeks ago i set a recurring reminder on my mobile phone; at 5pm every day my phone reminds me to take my supplements. It really works so i thought i'd share!

And when do you think is the right time to stop taking it? I've been feeling sick since January when I started taking this and wondered if the two things are linked?

Mini I felt sick whhn I took pregnacare oddly enough not with the sanatogen ones which I take now I think u can stopthem at 3 months??

Quote Originally Posted by minibaby
    And when do you think is the right time to stop taking it? I've been feeling sick since January when I started taking this and wondered if the two things are linked?
    the doctors say you can stop taking folic acid after 12 weeks but if there is a pregnancy vit that you find that agrees with you i'd just take it the whole way through - it will do no harm at all.
    DS1 - 6
    DS2 - 3&1/2
    DD1 - 18 months
    DD2 - 1 month

Take your FOLIC ACID - preferably before conception. Your babies brain develops before 12dpo
    MMC@ 12+3 July 09 - Chem Preg Jan 10

Quote Originally Posted by Charisandkeira
    Mini I felt sick whhn I took pregnacare oddly enough not with the sanatogen ones which I take now I think u can stopthem at 3 months??
    Maybe I should try a different make - hadn't thought of that doh! Charisandkeira did you feel sick just after taking them or more than that. I'm like a dog with a bone on this sickness thing eh?!

My lovely text buddy only had a single bout of morning sickness - after she started taking Pregnacare tablets towards end of Tri 1 - so swapped to another make and sent them on to me (thank you! ). I haven't had any issues with the Pregnacare but clearly more than one person is experiencing this.

x

Banned

I take the pregnancare ones that have everything in (the one's where you take two tablets) and they do tend to make me feel sick. I don't mind though - i'd rather take them and know the baby and me are getting everything we need

wow thanks

Morning

I have a question - this is my first month TTC and I have taken folic acid each day.
    But do you need to take it when your period arrives? Since you are almost certainoly not pregnant for those few days?

My birth thread My birth story Cheering lots of lovely TTC and pregnant ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKal
    Morning

I have a question - this is my first month TTC and I have taken folic acid each day.
    But do you need to take it when your period arrives? Since you are almost certainoly not pregnant for those few days?
    you need to continuously take it, there is no point starting and stopping as the stores of it build up with continuous use. If you have enough folic acid stores in your body and you don't need extra, you just wee it out as it is water soluble.
    It is better to get into a habit of taking it every day so you don't forget when it is most important.
    thats my opinion anyway. I wasn't taking it regularly as we weren't TTC when i fell pregnant the second time but this time i had been taking it for a year and when this pregnancy is finished i will go back on it regularly again.
    DS1 - 6
    DS2 - 3&1/2
    DD1 - 18 months
    DD2 - 1 month

Take your FOLIC ACID - preferably before conception. Your babies brain develops before 12dpo

Interesting - thank you.
    I hope my question didn't sound flippant... I'm sorry for your loss and think it's great you raise awareness about folic acid.
    I was so excited taking my first capsule instead of the Pill! Made TTC feel 'real'

My birth thread My birth story Cheering lots of lovely TTC and pregnant ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKal
    Interesting - thank you.
    I hope my question didn't sound flippant... I'm sorry for your loss and think it's great you raise awareness about folic acid.
    I was so excited taking my first capsule instead of the Pill! Made TTC feel 'real'
    Your question is a good one and at times on my TTC journey i felt like what was the point but i guess it was worth it in the end as it seems this baby is looking healthy so far
    Good luck on your journey and i hope it is a short one!
    DS1 - 6
    DS2 - 3&1/2
    DD1 - 18 months
    DD2 - 1 month

I'm picking my folic acid up tomorrow as this pregnancy popped from nowhere, has a negative blood test 3week ago and still no period got a pos digi 1-2weeks

Wow! This thread has really educated me. Thank you. I knew that Folic Acid was advised for pregnant and TTC women, but didn't know just how important it is.

A question - I came off the pill just under a month ago to give my body time to settle down from almost a decade of continuous pill taking before TTC. Whilst we're not actively TTC just yet, (we're still taking precautions for now) there is certainly more of a risk of course that I might fall before we start to TTC. We are considering starting TTC perhaps around May/June this year - should I start taking Folic Acid now? Or is that too early? Is it ever too early?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast