Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The importance of FOLIC ACID

Re: The importance of FOLIC ACID

Great thread Jill, I hope many women see this and start taking Folic Acid straight away if they aren't doing already!

Wishing Mummyhopeful a happy and healthy 9 months!
    MMC at 9 weeks, Nov 2009 - Love you forever little one

Great thread.

Blog Entries

Great post hun! I think most people dont realise that its most important to take it before you even know your pregnant!
    I wish I would have took it when not TTC! I always feel so extremely lucky because I had 3 unplanned pregnancies, so didnt take folic acid before conception!

thanks for this thread. Everyones views have made me so much more aware of why we take Folic Acid. i take mine every day without fail now.

big hugs from me

xxx

We have only just started ttc but i have been taking folic acid since Jan to get it in my system and it really isn't expensive I am so glad that my friend told me about it otherwise i would have never known so what a fab idea making everyone aware of it on here!!!!!!!

Hi,
    I agree totally, the importance of preconception preparation is often neglected. In fact it is recommended that women start preparing their body 3-4 months before even trying to conceive. This includes improving diet and exercising. Some women take supplements and an increasing number of women consult traditional chinese medicine. It is definitely a good reason to start going for a swim or regular walks.

I like to think of it as preparing the soil to sow the seed. Maintaining a good body system will definitely help my baby grow healthier in me.

Thank you for this post I had been TTC for 6 years and had stopped taking it after 4 years due to feeling it was getting pointless, anyway am now taking the Tommy supplement which is great bottom line is I WISH I had carried on
    Two girls aged 7 and 5. 6 stars due to Lupus anticoagulant 1 surprise bfp due apr 2019

Oh my god I did not realise that you should be taking it while you were ttc. I have just taken my first one now, start as I mean to go on. Thanks so much for this thread, sorry to hear about your loss

xxx

I've been taking Folic Acid religiously for months now - but was warned not to take it with coffee /caffeine as it prevents the absorption?
    Don't know how true it is - from the source I got it from, I'd say it was 99% on the money - so have been avoiding taking it if I have been drinking coffee and take it later in the day /earlier in the day. Found it easier just to cut out the coffee altogether, to be honest. It's done wonders for my moods and sleeping too

Great post on the importance of Folic Acid!

I've been taking supplements every day since I first came off the pill. Not too difficult to remember, as I keep it on my desk at work! Hopefully my boss hasn't seen it and clocked what i'm up to.... Cut out caffeine months ago and joined the gym in January - however, since coming off the pill and being bloated as a balloon, the gym has gone out the window! Hehe!
    To be honest, I didn't really know why I was taking folic acid, only that it was important when trying to conceive so it's good to read about the science behind it. xx
    I'm a first month post pill pregnant person!
    BFP after 2 BFN's and 3 weeks after AF due - don't give up, it could still happen!!!

Mum to my gorgeous son Charlie

how soon before you start TTC do you think it's worth starting to take the folic acid? what other supplements do you girls take? and when did you start taking them? xx

Quote Originally Posted by xx_laura_xx
    how soon before you start TTC do you think it's worth starting to take the folic acid? what other supplements do you girls take? and when did you start taking them? xx
    about 3 months before or as long as possible.
    pregnacare are good - i take them
    DS1 - 6
    DS2 - 3&1/2
    DD1 - 18 months
    DD2 - 1 month

Take your FOLIC ACID - preferably before conception. Your babies brain develops before 12dpo
    MMC@ 12+3 July 09 - Chem Preg Jan 10

oh ok, thanks! is that all? I thought there were more haha that makes it much simpler!

something like pregnacare are designed to cover all our vitamin needs while ttc and preg so they are fab. they can be pricey but there are prob cheaper alternatives in the supermarket.
    good luck
    DS1 - 6
    DS2 - 3&1/2
    DD1 - 18 months
    DD2 - 1 month

Take your FOLIC ACID - preferably before conception. Your babies brain develops before 12dpo
    MMC@ 12+3 July 09 - Chem Preg Jan 10

ahh, i thot they were just for once u were actually pregnant, not while ttc! but I am gonna look into it some more xx

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast