Thread: Still in nappies at night....

Still in nappies at night....

Ok, so I know the answer to this but i'm putting this out there anyway in case someone has a magic solution!! DS is 7 in July and is still in a pull up at night. I am the chief of knowing it's all about maturity and glands in the brain and actually being ready and all this, that and the other but it's upsetting him now and I just want to fix it for him. We've tried waking him for a wee when we go to bed (making sure he's fully awake etc etc) and we've also tried getting him up in the middle of the night too. We always ensure he's fully awake. I don't believe in restricting fluids so that's not really an option for us. I know we've just got to wait until he's ready and it will just happen......but in the meantime someone please tell me how to sort this out for him!!!

My little boy is almost 7 and was still in nappies recently at night time. I mentioned it to the doctor once when we was there about his chest infection, I was thinking they would say about the glands not maturing until a certain age etc but they referred us to go see a paediatrician who put him on desomelts for 3 months.

We've only had a couple of accidents in those 3 months and my little boy is so much happier that he know long has to wear nappies to bed like this sister.

I have no idea what will happen once he finishes the melts though, whether he will continue to be dry at night or go back to wetting x

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Heya! I had the same problem with O. We tried, what we thought was everything. Really committed to making sure wasnít in pull-ups. We took her to the doctor just when she turned 8 I think and she could either have medication or try the little zapper thing that makes a noise and buzz when it feels well. You put a little clip on their knickers and itís annoying as hell and wakes the kid up. I got it off amazon, and honestly after one week she was dry! She would sleep through being wet without an issue but this forced her awake. She has been completely dry at night ever since with no accidents. Iíd honestly given up hope she would ever be dry.

Hi. Sorry, I've read these replies but forgot to message back to thank you for taking the time to respond! I've been doing a lot of research, mainly on the ERIC website and for the entire we're increasing his fluid intake (as I didn't realise a poor drinker can have huge bed wetting problems.....something to do with muscle strength in the bladder) with view to popping him to the GP at the start of the summer holidays so we have those 6 weeks off school to get things sorted. I shall keep this updated...!!!

Blog Entries
    That sounds like a good plan! Hadnít thought about lack of water being an issue:-)

Good luck! I thought we would have been there too but finally managed to crack it around K turning 6. I totally know how you feel, it is so frustrating for everyone concerned.
    Mama to two miracles - K born Dec 2011 and T born in Mar 2016