Thread: Twin routine

Twin routine

I feel like i am going crazy i need some sort of structure with the twins i am finding it so hard and feel like the stage is not easy at all. This is how my day currently goes

7-8am up and fed/changed/dressed
    8:30 school run and sleep
    10 feed
    11:30 sleep
    1-2pm feed
    3pm school run and sleep
    5-6pm feed
    6-8 super fussy and upset sometimes a feed
    10pm feed upstairs and down for the night
    3am-5am sometimes wakes for a feed.

They are 11 weeks and Iím not sure where i am going wrong there is always one twin crying and i get nothing done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey hun. firstly congrats. Secondly don't be too hard on yourself that all sounds fantastic! I didn't manage to establish a routine like that until mine were over one! one of them was always awake at night. I was a permanent zombie. The best thing I learnt to accept was I was not an octopus (felt like one) I had to just accept that sometimes (a lot of the time) on would be screeching. having two bouncers saved my sanity. I could bounce one with my feet and sort the other. All I can say is I promise it gets easier. those days feel like a lifetime ago now. one thing for certain is you are def not going wrong anywhere! twins are bl**dy hard work!

Thank you sage! I spend the majority of my time crying while trying to stop one crying
    It really is hard and I feel like a failure when one is always crying i have no relief from it. I will just keep going x

Quote Originally Posted by simmi View Post
    Thank you sage! I spend the majority of my time crying while trying to stop one crying
    It really is hard and I feel like a failure when one is always crying i have no relief from it. I will just keep going x

I totally understand. I use to say to myself no pull yourself together. Id get everything ready on time. Make it nice and cosy and "perfect" then one would be sick and refuse to drink whilst the other screamed then the first one would scream because he'd been put down whilst the other exploded poop up his back. My eldest who was only 2 at the time would usually join in then too! I use to just sit in a mess on the floor and join in crying usually! But it got sorted eventually and i can laugh about it now! The amount of times my husband walked in from work and i was like just have them!! Take them away from me! But again it always passed and now i can honestly say its absolutely fab having twins. Those dark days are long gone!! Well, unless they try and physically kill each other which does happen!!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thanks Sage

They are 13 weeks tomorrow and so days are still awful but it is starting to get a little easier. I find my little boy much more demanding than the little girl x