Thread: Late but negative

Late but negative

So I always have normal 28 day cycle and was due on sun but still no show of Af, IC all negative no real symptoms,
    Anyone elseís body ever play tricks on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS15,DS13,DS9,DS5,DS1

It's possible you're just having a random cycle where you ovulated later. Do you track ovulation with temping? The most common reason for a late period are late ovulation, pregnancy, stress or a huge change in diet/exercise/weight.
    It's less likely your luteal phase has randomly altered its length, more likely your follicular phase altered.
    Could also be late implantation, sometimes it doesn't happen until 13dpo, and a hpt won't detect hCG for at least two to four days after this happens and it can take quite a few days to implant fully, so it could also be this. If you don't see af in a few days retest, if it's still negative but no sign of af arriving, perhaps ask for a beta in case your tests aren't liking your pee. Also ICs aren't always reliable. They usually are, but sometimes you get a random batch which are rubbish. If you look at reviews on Amazon there are quite a few where they had negative ICs but positives on more expensive brands, so it's worth trying out a different brand of test too, but I would use a pink dye rather than blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had cm with a smear of blood 6 days ago but no symptoms n Iím sure a test would have shown positive by now, will put it down to stress n will why a better test at the weekend if AF stays away

DS15,DS13,DS9,DS5,DS1

Smear was on cycle day 25 n now today is 31, roughly I think I ovulated between 13-16 but wasnít tempting or testing

DS15,DS13,DS9,DS5,DS1

Late but negative

Are you definite on when you ovulated?
    If blood was from implantation then bear in mind it can take at least five days sometimes longer, to implant fully so a test may not show anything yet. Most of the time implantation seems to happen a little faster than this, otherwise there wouldn't be women seeing positives early, but I wouldn't rule pregnancy out yet.

Ah right, could be later ovulation then. Isn't unheard of and is usually the reason for a 'late' period with no positive test, but also this doesn't mean you won't see a positive, it just means you probably ovulated later than you thought which means a test would show later or your period would be later than expected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by amber198325; 18-10-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks I will wait a few more days and Af will no doubt arrive

DS15,DS13,DS9,DS5,DS1

Quote Originally Posted by girly2007 View Post
    Any updates to this? Xx
    I'm pretty sure she's pregnant, I remember reading it elsewhere on the forum though apologies if I'm wrong......very jel, I want a baby number 6
    LucyMum The 42 yr old One Tubed Lady
    Out of difficulties grow miracles, Jean de le Bruyere

Cheering for super sticky BFPs for all the ttc fab fertile fogies

Mum to Daisy (14), Rosie (12), Ruby (8), Eira (4) & Nerissa born 19/2/16
    MC July 2007 6+3wks Babaloon,
    MC August 2011 10wks, little Tiny Ears RIP babies, we will never forget xxx