Christmas Plates

Thread: Restless legs in a child

Restless legs in a child

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    My DS has had trouble sleeping through the night forever basically, he's now 3.5 and often wakes between 12 and 2am wanting us to go in bed with him. The odd thing is though, quite often he can not keep still and kicks and moves his legs around all night. I only today linked this with his inability to keep still at all during the day (for example when he sits down to eat, he really can not stop fidgetting constantly and changing his leg position).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just googled and restless legs syndrome came up but I don't want to believe the firsat thing I read and wondered if anyone else is experiencing this behaviour with their child? Looking back, the restless signs have been there for quite some time. Once I thought it could be linked to gut issues/constipation, which he suffers from quite frequently.

Any other ideas? It may also be linked to low iron, is there a safe iron supplement or multivit for his age group that includes iron?

There's a wellbaby liquid vitamin & mineral that contains iron.

My lo kicks a lot at night, it seems to be a frustration thing if she can't get comfortable, or sometimes she's trying to kick off the duvet. I did also think about restless legs but I've ruled it out. Will you see your gp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Cass! Oh great, I will look out for that vitamin supplement. I don't think it's that he's kicking off the duvet as he often prefers not to have it at all. I was wondering about the GP but wasn't sure if I should try the iron first. How did you rule out restless legs with your ds? Did you go to your GP?

No I think I just watched her sleep behaviour. She really did/does it when she seems frustrated with sleep, or maybe it's wind. I'm not totally sure, but it just seems behavioural rather than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk