Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: March & April 2018

I have stayed off from work. Contractions are now 12 minutes apart. Just waiting for my wife's friend to finish work at 2pm then we shall drop our 3 year old to her and phone the midwife again.... Looks like we will be in the maternity ward in the next few hours.....

How is everyone holding out in the snow? I had my growth scan cancelled this week and rescheduled for Tuesday.
    Any babies arrived yet? Can't believe it is our turn already!! These past months have flown by x
    15/02/2005 💖 26/09/2006 💙 14/01/2013 😇 19/04/2013 😇 21/01/2014 😇 11/06/2016 💙

Currently sat in delivery suite with my wife. She's been having contractions since 5am Friday. Now 5 minutes apart and intense. But only 1cm dilated.
    They are talking about breaking her waters and trying to induce her.

Still in delivery suite. They broke my wife's waters at 12.30pm. Her contractions were 5 minutes apart. She had been on gas and Air for the pain, and was 2cm dilated at 4.30pm, had been since 12pm.
    She opted for an epidural around 5pm and just before 7pm was 5cm dilated.... The last hour they have upped the dosage of the epidural as she was still in pain, it worked as she slept through the last 5 contractions.

Good luck! Hope you are having snuggles

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Awww, I hope everything went ok and you’re currently having newbie cuddles x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very eventful birth.....
    Still stuck in hospital.

They've just taken Baby Kira Savannah to start her on antibiotics drip as where they used forceps to pull her out, they grazed behind her ear and it's got pus coming out.
    They think my wife has pulled or tore a muscle in the below regions, she can hardly walk as she's in a lot of pain. For someone who is 5ft 2in giving birth to a 8lb 9oz child, no surprise. Think they are stuck in hospital for the week!

Anyway, meet my latest addition.

Last edited by Jaime; 05-03-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Oh wow she’s absolutely beautiful what a lovely name too.

Your poor wife! Sounds horrific
    Congratulations to you all xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Sorry that I've not posted in here yet, but I really struggled throughout this pregnancy (my first) and was on bed rest for the past few months.

Anyway, I am delighted to post that our beautiful daughter, Matilda Anne, safely arrived on Sunday 4 March at 39 weeks, weighing a healthy 7lb 2oz.

The birth went well, apart from it being an unexpected home birth as we didn't have time to get to the hospital! The midwife was on the phone coaching my husband throughout the delivery.

We are all doing fine and getting use to a family of 3.. still a bit tired and sore but will get there.

And congratulations to any other baby that has been born this month.
    Last edited by Bethanne; 06-03-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Congratulations Bethanne, baby born same day as me and my wife's

thread hopping again ladies but wondered if there was anymore nice birth news
    I'm still in tri2 but love peeking in to tri3
    Lupus Mummy to
    Baby 1 said goodbye in July 2003
    Baby 2 my beautiful baby Jack conceived via IVF born June 2015
    Baby 3 natural bfp missed miscarriage at 10 weeks March 2016
    Baby 4 natural bfp missed miscarriage at 11 weeks September 2016

Pregnant with baby 5.... hold on baby

Awww congratulations to both the new babies!!! Gorgeous!! I am 34 weeks on Sunday. Really looking forward to meeting baby girl #2 now. It was my DD's 1st birthday on Sunday so we spent the week at Center Parcs which was lovely but very tiring. I can't walk all that far without discomfort due to the PGP. Heartburn is worse than it ever was in my last pregnancy. Really struggling to sleep at night with it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We finally got home Thursday night at 10.30 pm
    Was a long week. Wife went in Friday afternoon, baby born Sunday.... Because they cut behind babies ear with the forceps and she was on antibiotics and my wife could hardly walk they were both kept in.

So I was getting up in the morning with our three year old. Doing the housework whilst she fed herself breakfast. Then quickly getting ready before running around the shops to buy lunch to take to the hospital. Then we'd spend the day there before getting home around 8pm, quick bite then bed around 10pm.....

Luckily they gave the baby antibiotics to take orally for the next five days, otherwise they were going to have to stay for another week.... Apparently it is highly unusual for them to have it orally at 5 days old. All the midwifes and nurses thought the baby doctor had made a mistake!

Hope all is well now Jaime?

I'm 35 weeks now, started mat leave on Monday but have spent the last 2 days in bed with another tummy bug 😢 seem to be on the mend today so hoping that's the end of it because one thing my husband and older kids do not do well is cleaning and tidying!! Honestly, my kitchen and lounge this morning...... you would have thought I'd been out of action for a month!!
    15/02/2005 💖 26/09/2006 💙 14/01/2013 😇 19/04/2013 😇 21/01/2014 😇 11/06/2016 💙

Quote Originally Posted by wanna-be-mumof3 View Post
    Hope all is well now Jaime?

I'm 35 weeks now, started mat leave on Monday but have spent the last 2 days in bed with another tummy bug  seem to be on the mend today so hoping that's the end of it because one thing my husband and older kids do not do well is cleaning and tidying!! Honestly, my kitchen and lounge this morning...... you would have thought I'd been out of action for a month!!

All fine now thanks. Although wife still not 100% we have the midwife coming tomorrow, I know my wife won't say nothing. But I will tell her that she's still feeling unwell

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast