Christmas Plates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with my 8 month old!!!!

Blog Entries
    Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Hi, soooo much better. I'm sad to say the move to formula helped- which I did at 9 months before I went back to work. He's got allergies so my limited diet and no sleep was wearing me down, and I wanted nursery to be able to give him milk if he didn't eat. I'm obviously happy the sleep is better , but breastfeeding is such a great thing I don't like to think the 'formula will help them sleep longer' is true
    He went to waking twice- at 2am and 4am, no matter how much I gave him at 2am he still woke at 4, so I started watering the 2am feed down. I know this isn't advised as a whole but he was definitely getting more than enough milk feeds. When it got to 1 scoop with 2 oz of water ( and he'd go back to sleep after this) he just stopped waking. Now he just wakes at 4am and is up for the the day around 6am.
    He does stir in the night but usually puts his own dummy back in and turns over in bed.

Do you think your lo is hungry or waking for different reasons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to 2 beautiful girls age 5 and 7

i was advised to cut the feeds down by 1 oz per feed in the night, over a few days. until it got to 1oz per feed. this way he started drinking more in the day to compensate, and lo and behold within a week , he was down to no feeds! So i have had 2 nights where he has just woken twice and i have settled him back to sleep without any milk at all . However, night 3 , and he has just fallen asleep without having his full bottle....so i have a horrible feeling it might go pear shaped to night!
    I knew you even before you were conceived. (Jeremiah 1:4-5) You were not a mistake,for all your days are written in my book.( Psalm 139:15-16)
    I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live.(Acts 17:26) You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
    For you were made in my image. (Genesis 1:27) I knit you together in your mother's womb (Psalms 139:13)
    And brought you forth on the day you were born. (Psalm 71:6) And I rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

Blog Entries
    That's an improvement at night is he on food now? Wondering if that's why he drinks less in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to 2 beautiful girls age 5 and 7

yeah he is on 3 meals of solids but he doesnt seem to have much. Now he has stopped night feeds he is taking more milk in the day. Nights continue to go well, he generally wakes at 12 and 5 but settles himself back to sleep either by himself or with one go of getting up and shusshing him. Last night he didnt even stir until 5am . Who knew this stuff works!
    I knew you even before you were conceived. (Jeremiah 1:4-5) You were not a mistake,for all your days are written in my book.( Psalm 139:15-16)
    I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live.(Acts 17:26) You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
    For you were made in my image. (Genesis 1:27) I knit you together in your mother's womb (Psalms 139:13)
    And brought you forth on the day you were born. (Psalm 71:6) And I rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12