Christmas Plates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thick question...

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisandkeira View Post
    We had a mortgage person come he said it was to revalue it as they were remortgaging within a month we were given two months notice and house on market

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    We had someone out 2 weeks ago saying same thing and we are terrified of getting our notice. There are no affordable houses to rent in this area at the minute so we would be screwed if it happened.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheered Helenna & Jelly to BFP

It was about a month before they got bk to us we ended up borrowing off my dad to move as the council woulsnt help we could have sat down outside the house on moving day and said we're homeless but would habe been put in a ba dn b for a long time and i didnt want that for the boys so we had to borrow

I hope so lovely uve obviously had only a bad thing happen from it tho the kortage advisor even said its nothing to worry about and it was. We had the disappointment if habing to move and then had two months of the estate agents phoning us to show ppl around it was horrendous tbh. Is it worth applying or speaking to the council now and just putting ur name on the list just incase

It isn't worth it purely because we do already have a viable reason to move from here but the council were so determined to make sure we didn't make onto their register they were happy to take it to court. I firmly believe this was more due to the housing officer we were allocated as she did everything in her power to stop us registering, it was blatantly obvious in her reports.
    So they wouldn't put us on there 'in case', unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by WeePrincess View Post
    We had a mortgage person come he said it was to revalue it as they were remortgaging within a month we were given two months notice and house on market

We had someone out 2 weeks ago saying same thing and we are terrified of getting our notice. There are no affordable houses to rent in this area at the minute so we would be screwed if it happened.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    WeePrincess I completely understand where you are coming from. The rental prices here are sky high. Even absolute dives are ridiculously expensive. We wouldn't be able to cover the rent and then the fees, deposit and rent in advance, plus a guarantor on top, it would be impossible for us. Our only hope would be council or a council/private landlord scheme where private landlords rent to people registered with the council facing homelessness.

I did receive a reply from him but there's something I'm finding slightly suspicious. I asked him and explained that I don't mean to be nosey but if he is considering selling we would appreciate knowing asap since we would have to register with the council and this all takes time... he said he doesn't have any intention to sell, he only wants a mortgage on the place. But he also said could we please redecorate and make it look as good as possible (which if you saw this place you would see that the only things which would make any difference are things he has to do, repairs and things, the place has always been like this since before we moved in), and I don't see why you would have to impress anyone if it's only a mortgage? I see the point of cosmetics when you want to sell, because it has to look attractive, but a mortgage I would have thought this matters less? I may be wrong, I don't know about it.
    He's the type to play it safe and avoid telling us I think, keeping his options open, so I don't think I'm convinced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got told all this too amber.....told to tidy things up. Tbh if its from the point he wants to sell its not really your responsibilty why should u pay to decorate for his beniefit

I decorated recently as we moved the rooms around but then Amy went and scribbled on the walls so I'm guessing I am obliged to at least redecorate where she has done this. I would make her do it, but she's only 4

Well yes but imo if ur still in it when ppl look around its just par for the course really im sure a bit of pen on the wall wont effect it selling. Hopefully its not being sold tho

It isnt your responsibility to decorate. And yes it does sound sus and more like he is hoping to sell but keeping his options open and his tenants in as long as possible. Decorating has nothing to do with getting a mortgage. it would be structural issues they look for.
    Gemma 23 Sean 13 Leo 11 Isabella 7 Tayler 5

Quote Originally Posted by Catia View Post
    It isnt your responsibility to decorate. And yes it does sound sus and more like he is hoping to sell but keeping his options open and his tenants in as long as possible. Decorating has nothing to do with getting a mortgage. it would be structural issues they look for.
    This is precisely what I said to my husband yesterday after LL sent his message

I do think its reasonable to decorate it if its the children whove done something plus weve redone our walls i dont mind retouching when needed coz u want it to look nice but i dont agree if its a case of him.wanting to sell. At the end of the day if u move then if the walls are that bad its taken from the deposit and sorted after u go and even then its hardly gonna cost him a bomb to whip magnolia on the walls. Id totally understand and be willing if u had justbhad an inspection and hed said oh is it ok to touch the walls up that sorta thing but to send soeone round to do a mortgage and then asks u....hes prob been told by them itll sell better if its tidyed up....not saying its a mess at all btw amber but thats probably whats happened. Id say yes u will but could he help towards the cost why should u pay if hes gonna sell! I really hope im wrong but aounds to me like hes selling up

He asked her to redecorate. That is very different to just covering up the doodle her child has done. Yes it helps it sell if it looks fresh but they are there to value it for a mortgage supposedly so the decor is irrelevant. They can value it in any condition and then advise on what things will raise the value etc.
    Gemma 23 Sean 13 Leo 11 Isabella 7 Tayler 5

Only reason I say I'm obliged is because if we were moving out and wanted our deposit back in full, we would have to paint where Amy drew on the walls because you have to leave the property in the condition you found it. Which technically means I also should leave filth everywhere, an abundance of accumulated cat hair all on the curtains, and a flea infestation.
    I feel it's suspicious because if it was purely a mortgage it shouldn't matter, as far as I'm aware logically at least, what the decor looks like and whether we have some clutter (which we do, since there are seven people living here). However, I know it matters when selling, because I have been here before with a previous landlord