Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thick question...

Thick question...

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Our landlord messaged us to say he's getting a mortgage on our house so someone may be in touch to view it soon. He bought it cheap more than twenty years ago and pretty sure he owns it outright so why would he be doing this? I'm sure I'm being thick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remortgaging maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused because he isn't short of a few quid so wouldn't have thought he would have to

Yes maybe he's just changing mortgage. Maybe he's not as loaded as you think..

Registered User Suzie and her girls's Avatar
    Over the rainbow... Up a tree... In the chicken coop... Under a pile of coats... In the kitchen...
    Blog Entries
    Could he be looking to sell but has worded it differently in case he changes his mind or isn't thinking about it just yet?
    Mama to Faith (8), Ellie (7), Seren (3) and Felicity (2)

Sound like he wants to unlock some of the equity so not as loaded as he may seem if he is being honest. If not it may be that he is mulling selling and needs a valuation x
    Gemma 22 Sean 12 Leo 10 Isabella 6 Tayler 4

Maybe he wants to buy another property and so needs a mortgage to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    DS1 - 6
    DS2 - 3&1/2
    DD1 - 18 months
    DD2 - 1 month

Take your FOLIC ACID - preferably before conception. Your babies brain develops before 12dpo
    MMC@ 12+3 July 09 - Chem Preg Jan 10

I can't say what his job is (he's a landlord to ten properties but he has a job other than this) but he is definitely well off.
    I was thinking what you said, Jills, or possibly wording 'I'm thinking of selling' differently so we don't jump the gun and quickly move (which couldn't happen anyway) which concerns me. I did wonder if anyone may wonder the same

just ask him outright or say you are worried he might be wanting to sell and you are happy there. What have you got to lose? he can either reassure you and put your mind at rest or if there is something happening maybe he will be straight up and at least you will know whats what x
    Gemma 22 Sean 12 Leo 10 Isabella 6 Tayler 4

I feel awkward, like it isn't my business especially if it turns out he's getting a mortgage to invest. I think we will ask the guy he has here to do jobs here and there as hubby is friendly with him and he's told us stuff before so he may know x

Sounds to me like he may be looking into selling...unfortunately I found myself renting out my ex marital home to a horrible tenant, I needed to get a valuation for the divorce court case so I told him it was to do with the mortgage.
    Finally got PREGNANT in my 7th year of ttc No.1 !!
    Diagnosed with primary ovarian failure in 2010.
    1st cycle of DE IVF at CRM London January 2012
    from 4 days after our 5 day blastocyst transfer!!

Very Honoured To Have Won 'GREATEST SUCCESS STORY' in the PF Awards 2013

We had a mortgage person come he said it was to revalue it as they were remortgaging within a month we were given two months notice and house on market

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

We've just remortgaged, not because we need the money (I mean we do, but we didn't take a bigger mortgage, just what we owed), but to get a better deal on the mortgage/monthly payments. Maybe it's that?

Ok, so I text him a few minutes ago. Literally sat here shaking like a leaf lol! I know it sounds stupid, but at this precise moment in time, we don't have the option of moving privately unless we found a landlord willing to accept us without a guarantor (we simply don't know anyone who is a homeowner or earning three times the rent for the size accommodation we would require) or without a letting agent or without wanting a few thousand pounds in rent and a deposit so we would be looking at applying to the council which takes time and there aren't any guarantees. We wouldn't worry as much if it was only us but you can't sofa surf temporarily with five children!
    He put 'happy Easter' at the start of his message so hoping the niceness is a sign he isn't about to evict us

I hope so lovely uve obviously had only a bad thing happen from it tho the kortage advisor even said its nothing to worry about and it was. We had the disappointment if habing to move and then had two months of the estate agents phoning us to show ppl around it was horrendous tbh. Is it worth applying or speaking to the council now and just putting ur name on the list just incase

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk