Thread: TTC baby number 5....at 40!

TTC baby number 5....at 40!

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Hi everyone,
    Im currently trying to conceive my fifth baby and while every other pregnancy even in my thirties has been conceived within 6 cycles, this time im struggling.
    We have been trying for 18 months but to no avail although I had an early MC at 6 weeks about 7 months ago.
    Im thinking this is because im 40 now and my fertility has dropped steeply.
    Anyone in the same boat? Any advice?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Trying asking in the Trying to Conceive section of the forum

There is a Fab Fertile Fogies thread in the Trying to conceive section of the forum for ladies over 35 head on over
    Ectopic in Feb 2010 - lost one tube... but a Fab Fertile Fogie nevertheless!
    Mum to K born in Dec 2011 - our little miracle who became a twinkle in the eye whilst we were about to start IVF
    A surprise BFP in July 2015 whilst waiting for a trial of Chlomid - DD2 born in March 2016

Hiya

Yes, definitely have a look at the Fab Fertile Fogies thread. I had my 5th daughter at 42 (conceived at 41). It took me 18 months and a mc at 10 weeks to have my 4th daughter at nearly 39 but I was lucky on the 6th cycle with Nerissa.

I can give you a little advice - firstly don't give up, and don't be put off by your age - I know quite a few ladies, both on here and in RL who've had babies over 40 - even a couple at 44, 46 and 47!! I took a few supplements in addition to the folic acid, not sure if they made a difference but I like to think they did - two of them you may not want to take if you're a vegan (fish body oils and royal jelly) but the others were vitamin b6 - it's supposed to be good for stablising hormones, and evening primrose oil. I also did self fertility massage and lost quite a bit of weight.

All the best with it and don't give up xx
    LucyMum The 42 yr old One Tubed Lady
    Out of difficulties grow miracles, Jean de le Bruyere

Cheering for super sticky BFPs for all the ttc fab fertile fogies

Mum to Daisy (14), Rosie (12), Ruby (8), Eira (4) & Nerissa born 19/2/16
    MC July 2007 6+3wks Babaloon,
    MC August 2011 10wks, little Tiny Ears RIP babies, we will never forget xxx