Thread: smelly armpits

smelly armpits

My daughter is only 8 but her armpits stink of BO! if she has a bath in the evening they smell bad by half way through the next day

It seemed too early for puberty expecially as she is small and skinny

I took her to the gp who made me feel like an idiot for bringing her.......

was it really so dumb?!!
    I knew you even before you were conceived. (Jeremiah 1:4-5) You were not a mistake,for all your days are written in my book.( Psalm 139:15-16)
    I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live.(Acts 17:26) You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
    For you were made in my image. (Genesis 1:27) I knit you together in your mother's womb (Psalms 139:13)
    And brought you forth on the day you were born. (Psalm 71:6) And I rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

No?! Not dumb at all!

I would be cross at the GP tbh!

Can you get her a gentle roll on deodorant?

Some kids do just start earlier than others with puberty ... girls as young as 9 can start their periods.

Have you had "the talk" with her yet?

BG
    M13 J12 S11 B10 A7 H1

My DD was the same and I started getting her to use deoderant, she uses 'Keep it Kind, Missy girls teen deoderant,' I also make sure she washes under her arms every day and has a clean shirt every day. DD has had underarm and pubic hair since she was 9 and has buds developing since then as well I think she started puberty at around 8ish and I was told not to worry, she is very tall for her age but very slim

MMC Dec 2005, July 2009

Super Moderator Suzie and her girls's Avatar
    Over the rainbow... Up a tree... In the chicken coop... Under a pile of coats... In the kitchen...
    Blog Entries
    My 8 year old gets smelly. She's had deoderant a while now
    Mama to Faith (9), Ellie (8), Seren (4) and Felicity (2)

My eldest has just turned 9 and has been using deodorant for about 6 months. I created a post in here back then as it took me by surprise too!

She also had stinking sour breath which the dr said would not be connected to the armpit smell,

however, since switching to lactofree milk and taking probiotics, both her breath and armpits are a lot less pungent.
    I knew you even before you were conceived. (Jeremiah 1:4-5) You were not a mistake,for all your days are written in my book.( Psalm 139:15-16)
    I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live.(Acts 17:26) You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
    For you were made in my image. (Genesis 1:27) I knit you together in your mother's womb (Psalms 139:13)
    And brought you forth on the day you were born. (Psalm 71:6) And I rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)