Thread: Tax credits claim form - worried

Tax credits claim form - worried

Hi!

hoping you can help.

so I filled out the tax credits claim form for child tax credits for thefirst time and sent it off yesterday.

im a bit worried as hubby got made redundant at work on the 5/1/17 and started employment via an agency on 24/1/17. I have all the correct details for income etc but just realised I put that he was still employed by the previous employers as he was being paid until the end of the month. We put this as they wanted pay office details etc and we only had these for the first employer as he hasn't yet had a payslips from his new employer to give the details etc.

iw worried now that this is wrong and I'll get in trouble or the claim will be refused as I gave the wrong details?

as soon as he gets a payslip I'll call them with the new details and update them.

do you think this will be ok? Does anyone know what checks they do etc?
    After 6 long years, lots of attempts at IUI and IVF....our dream finally came true.

My Diary - Infertility and beyond! - life with our miracle.

You have 4 weeks to notify any changes, so just make sure you get his new employer details asap, tell them his start date was 24/1 and they'll back date it.

Though if he started 24/1 and was being paid til the end of jan from his previous employer then that overlaps? I would tell them that and let them decide what happens to your TCs for that week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks kimmy- it's the first claim so I think the income doesn't matter as much as they use the income from 2015/2016 year.

Ill call them in the week amd Let them know as I only posted the form yesterday so they won't receive it straight away.

our income will be lower this tax year 2016/2017 but as I understand it that gets worked out when doing the renewal after we get p60s for this year. Is that correct? X
    After 6 long years, lots of attempts at IUI and IVF....our dream finally came true.

My Diary - Infertility and beyond! - life with our miracle.

That's right loobyloo. Last year when I give them out earnings because I was on Mat leave 100 per week for every week I was on Mat leave for that particular year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just give them a call and they will sort it out xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk