Thread: Tax Credits Reduced?

Tax Credits Reduced?

Hi just a quick question, I've just had my renewal back and my final decision paper and its 50 a week less now. That's child tax credits and working tax combined. I went back to work in October and I'm sure I phoned up to say so but they've had me as working 30hrs since then still the same as my "working" on maternity. I only work 16 hours a week. So am I right that now I'm working less and earning less i get less help? Seems a bit backwards to me! I also owe 300 alongside my gas bill randomly going up 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Life yay x
    Mummy to Daisy and Max my mini besties 👧🏼👶🏼

Ive no idea hun. I only started getting child tax credits in Sept last year so I did my first renewal a few weeks ago.
    They wrote to me and asked for 12months worth of nursery invoices so I sent them off a week ago. Makes me nervous though like I've filled it out wrong or something!

Can you give them a quick ring? Xx

You will probably get another letter with your update on and new payments emsie.

Becky, I had to do that too
    It's like a spot check to make sure it's in order. Don't worry

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

Are you a single parent? Working tax is from 16 hours when single or 24 when part of a couple, is it possible your no longer entitled to wtc with the lower working hours?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

I've had the letter with first new payments on and it's totalling 50 less a week Slinky 😔 I'm a single parent yep so thought my 16 hours would be fine! I'm just so confused how it all works. Assuming that I was getting more than I should have done anyway with owing money x

But in the section for 2017-18 it's 30 more a week again?! I don't get it 😂 x

Tax Credits Reduced?

Maybe they are taking 50 a week out to pay back the 300 you were overpaid. Then by 2017 that will be done & you'll be getting the correct amount again xx
    Last edited by beckyd; 11-07-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Wss a have heard a lot of people losing a lot of money in the run up to renewal it seems to be the new way to take back overpayments to avoid you owing them next year.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk