Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probation period & Benefits?

Oddly the cheapest council tax seems to be in central London, where iris under a grand but the houses cost millions. So I don't think you'll find anything cheaper
    beardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeard

Blog Entries

To get cheaper council tax than 1k you would need to move to London. Which is obviously going to be more expensive in terms of accommodation and general cost of living anyway. So no saving to be made.

It's really just a case of sucking it up as a necessary expense. Like most bills.

The benefits of working I'm sure would make up for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elliott is 5 Flo is 3
    And baking baby number 3!

A grand a year is cheap, I honestly don't think you will find it cheaper elsewhere.

I'm in a tiny council in the north east and even our council tax is 115 a month.

Yes living is expensive but there's not a lot of alternative really.

Good luck with the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDravenx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Sarah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    The Advisors in the Job Centre should be able to do a 'better off' calculation for you.

And no-one likes paying Council Tax, but most of us have to I'm afraid. And I wouldn't consider not paying it, there are severe penalties for not paying if you are not exempt.
    Oh, I wasn't going to NOY pay it, I'm just shocked at how expensive it is for such a horrible area where I live
    I wonder if you could pay it in installments as there's no way we'd probably be able afford a grand a year?..Either that or we'd have to move :/
    You generally pay it monthly. Ours is 108 per month.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    God surviving is expensive!! Think we'd have to move to a cheaper area as there's no way I'm paying a grand a year! I'm tight with money!
    Yup add that to the 675 a month rent as well! We are in Yorkshire
    Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

Super Moderator Suzie and her girls's Avatar
    Over the rainbow... Up a tree... In the chicken coop... Under a pile of coats... In the kitchen...
    Blog Entries
    Yeh that for council tax is just normal. The area not being good means it needs the money more to some extent! Covers everything from bin collection to policing to schools and road maintenance etc.
    Ours is about 1300 for a band C house.
    You might find you get a little bit of council tax help - we do and my husband works full time.
    It will depend on wage but I'd expect you'd still get some housing benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to Faith (9), Ellie (8), Seren (4) and Felicity (2)

Crazy isn't it? :/..Our rent is 395 a month and that's for a two bedroomed terrace house, shared garden!!..It's shocking how expensive things can be when you think about them! :/
    [CENTER]
    [B]x4 Angels .. March '11 | May '11 | January '14 | April '17
    Ian (31) & Gracie (28)| 13.O3.2O1O <3

Crazy isn't it? :/..Our rent is 395 a month and that's for a two bedroomed terrace house, shared garden!!..It's shocking how expensive things can be when you think about them! :/

that is actually a pretty cheap rent x
    Gemma 23 Sean 13 Leo 11 Isabella 7 Tayler 5

Quote Originally Posted by Catia View Post

Ours was 560 for a 2 bed flat 😱 i do agree it is expensive to do anything, cost of living & minimum wage don't reflect each other xx

Mumma bear to Aidan

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiamy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Catia View Post

Ours was 560 for a 2 bed flat  i do agree it is expensive to do anything, cost of living & minimum wage don't reflect each other xx

Mumma bear to Aidan
    This. Our rent is 485 4 weekly for a pretty small 2 bed house, and full housing benefit in our area is a max of 405 for a calendar month.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 09-05-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    Breastfed for 3 years, 11 months and 2 weeks!

Average rent for a 2 bed in my area is 950 per month. My wages are 1,070. Crazy rental prices in the south!
    Finally got PREGNANT in my 7th year of ttc No.1 !!
    Diagnosed with primary ovarian failure in 2010.
    1st cycle of DE IVF at CRM London January 2012
    from 4 days after our 5 day blastocyst transfer!!

Very Honoured To Have Won 'GREATEST SUCCESS STORY' in the PF Awards 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12