Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Reception starters 2017!!

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Hope your school get in touch soon Lulu, our school haven't given much notice of the meetings - didn't realise how much the schools are you fall in with their plans. I called them to see if they had any other sessions and it was no, only being held on that week and only afternoons - not sure what people who really can't do that week will do.

School isn't giving me much confidence either, so far the letter they sent said about an attachment about what to take to the meeting but there wasn't any attachment, went to ask them what is needed and they didn't know - only happens every year! Hope they are a bit better when it comes to education.

Spoke to the school earlier, they are going through a second phase of admissions or something and aren't able to send anything out until 23rd. Apparently they are stressed as only have one day to do it. We go on holiday on 27th I bet everything we have to do happens those 2 weeks we are away!! Everyone else round here I've checked with has had stuff from their schools already. Trust us to have the school that's sending everything out late!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered User Suzie and her girls's Avatar
    Over the rainbow... Up a tree... In the chicken coop... Under a pile of coats... In the kitchen...
    Blog Entries
    Found our Seren's class this morning and her teacher. Went to a meeting. One that said no kids. So I took the 2 year old who sang abc loudly throughout. Where they expect people to get this myriad of babysitters from I don't know. Does my head in. Luckily Seren was in nursery anyway.

Her teacher seems nice. She's separate from her cousin which is probably good for them except I'm doing 4/5 pick ups and will need to be in 2 places at once.

Mama to Faith (8), Ellie (7), Seren (3) and Felicity (2)

Quote Originally Posted by lulu7 View Post
    Spoke to the school earlier, they are going through a second phase of admissions or something and aren't able to send anything out until 23rd. Apparently they are stressed as only have one day to do it. We go on holiday on 27th I bet everything we have to do happens those 2 weeks we are away!! Everyone else round here I've checked with has had stuff from their schools already. Trust us to have the school that's sending everything out late!!

That must be so annoying! It's very late. I hope they get it to you soon x
    Mummy to my handsome, funny, little man

So we had our induction meeting this afternoon, all it was really was a presentation and form filling! Didn't get to see round the school or the class room which we were supposed to do.

Lots of mum's came along with kids.

So we know which class and who the teacher is but no idea where to go on the first day, we do a week of part time and then straight into full time which I don't think is enough for the kids, I think it is a big jump to go to full time after one week.

Teacher is doing home visits only on one day which is a day I can't do, they 'think' there will be a spill over but not sure. Would be nice to meet her before the start of school. Still the other teacher seems nice and most of the support staff - only one I wasn't so keen on.

Registered User Suzie and her girls's Avatar
    Over the rainbow... Up a tree... In the chicken coop... Under a pile of coats... In the kitchen...
    Blog Entries
    Quicker start here. One half day with no lunch. One half day with lunch then straight in.
    I think it's much easier but then my 3 year old never does 1/2 days at nursery. She started there straight into full days (she does 3 a week and I just top up for the extra couple of hours that the finding doesn't cover)

Mama to Faith (8), Ellie (7), Seren (3) and Felicity (2)

Why do some schools do home visits? Never heard of that up here.

Here Playgroup (nursery) have been doing a transition to school program where the kids have been up to school once a week for the last 6 weeks or so with the Playgroup staff. Parents haven't been involved with that. I guess that's fairly easy to arrange here because there's only one school so all the kids are moving to the same place next term.

We have a meeting next week which is the last week of term in Scotland where I suppose we'll find out if they're in a straight P1 class or a P1/2 composite when they start in August.

I think they do a phased start overt the first 2 weeks which is a pain in the neck for me.... Not sure how I'm meant to earn a living with him only there for such a short time. He's been doing full days at playgroup since he was 2.5 and the school day is shorter than a playgroup day anyway, without making it any shorter

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean Daisyrose about the home visits. They say that it is so that it is in their own environment so they will be more relaxed. Ours said that it would only be about 15-20 mins.

Your school really has left it to the last minute!

Our nursery is supposed to be doing transitions with the school, extra sessions if the child needs it but so far they haven't said about when they will be doing this.

Would your nursery let you do the other half of the day once until starting school full time?

Had our meeting.

She's in a class with 90% of her friends, including her future husband lol. She has the teacher who has taught all our nieces and nephew and she's the lead for early years teaching. So happy with thay too.

She starts full time straight away from 7th September!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

I'm quite grumpy that our school has decided to send reception in the week after everyone else. Makes my life complicated re childcare. She does one morning without lunch, two mornings with lunch then full days. Tbh she's used to 10hr days at nursery and her big brother is already there so she knows the environment to some degree. Frankly I wish she'd just start on full days. Don't remember any of this messing about when I was a kid.... 😉

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Mummy to
    Jon, born 23-02-11
    Tasha, born 30-03-13

m/c Feb 2010 & March 2012 - I'll never know what you would have been like

Yeah its quite annoying. I libe a five min walk from the school but on one of the days when he starts i have to drop them.both to school for 8.45 pick up oscar as 12pm then walk.bacj doen for 2.20pm to meet the teacher walk home and then walk back down for 3.15 to get his brother 😂

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

So how are you all putting your LOs names in their uniform? For nursery I brought the iron on ones but they all fell off after a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kidston View Post
    So how are you all putting your LOs names in their uniform? For nursery I brought the iron on ones but they all fell off after a few weeks.

I was going to use pen but saw some that were like a clip in tag so going to get them

Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Sarah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidston View Post

I was going to use pen but saw some that were like a clip in tag so going to get them

They sound good Sarah have you got a link for them?

Sharpy lol!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast