Christmas Plates
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Reception starters 2017!!

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    PE went ok. Although he said he cried today at school. He didn't really know why, just before PE. I think he was a bit overwhelmed and not sure what should eb doing and didnt want to do it wrong. Sounds like they comforted him and then he got distracted by liking PE but I feel sad for him that he felt so wobbly. All his antenatal friends are still at nursery another year so I do feel so conscious of how young he is. He did actually eat lunch today I think though.
    Mummy to DD M 9y, and DS H 4Y

Hello! My little girl started Reception on the 5th. She skipped in the first couple of days but by day 3 didn't want to go. It had dawned on her that school was all day every day, not a few hours here and there like Nursery! She loves it while she is there though but has had a few tears in the morning going. She has been made class ambassador though so must be ok during the day lol.

I'm surprised they do PE this young as well. He can dress himself but not in a cloak room full of other kids and in a short time scale. But he's done it twice and seems to enjoy it.

We have mostly got over the morning tears! Hope it continues. He does get a bit over sensitive and overwhelmed by the end of the day though and is sometimes crying when I pick him up. But his teacher assures me he's fine all day and starts in the last ten minutes or so.

Oh gosh he's turned into the devil child!!! He's got a bit of a cold and didn't fall asleep til 8 last night and awake about 6 this morning. Combined, it wasn't pretty. From 4pm today he was demanding (wanting to be played with constantly - which I did but had to make dinner, and his sister did but he didn't like how she was doing it and she made sarky remarks and left the game early causing WW3), cried about every little thing, flopped about in anger and hurt himself and so on. I had such a headache and had to tell them both off really strongly about 6 when they were screaming at each other yet again. Give me strength!

They don't really get changed for pe in foundation well my son.didnt last year until.the summer they just take off thier shoes and do it in uniform

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Charisandkeira View Post
    They don't really get changed for pe in foundation well my son.didnt last year until.the summer they just take off thier shoes and do it in uniform

Wish they did that at her school! It's full on change here!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

Bit much when some have only just turned 4 !

Full on change for us too. And he has to wear a proper ****e and tie so it's a nightmare. He can do it himself it just takes so long and it's difficult in a school environment.

Shirt!!! Don't know how that happened.

Sadie came home yesterday and all she had ate all day was 2 fish fingers. Felt so sorry for her. She needs to start trying new food. It seems most days they only have apples and pears for snack which she eats neither of. I'm tempted to ask the teacher if she can take a banana with her for snack

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

E is the same Kidston, she won't eat the apple or pear if it's not cut up. So she goes all morning without anything. On the odd occasion they have had banana she didn't get there in time to get one (rolling snack)! She has packed lunch though and eats all of that up but is starving by the time she comes home.

Hiya I think Eira has done PE, I've sent in a PE kit with her. It's the first school we've been to that doesn't have a colour code for PE kit so they can just wear any t shirt and shorts. I dread to think how long it takes Eira to get changed Poor teachers, it must be a nightmare with all those 4 and 5 year olds getting ready!

She went full time sooner than planned, she actually wanted to stay...

Now the novelty has worn off a bit though and she's asking if she has to go everyday

There's such a big difference between the older Autumn babies and the Summer ones. Eira is quite lucky to be November, she seems to be coping with the hours very well though she's sometimes hard to get out of bed! When my 3rd Ruby started though she was so young - a July baby, and only just 4, felt awful she had to go to school full time because she got so tired, she'd napped in the day right up to that point. I don't understand really why they don't have three intakes a year like they did when I was at school (many hundreds of years ago )
    LucyMum The 42 yr old One Tubed Lady
    Out of difficulties grow miracles, Jean de le Bruyere

Cheering for super sticky BFPs for all the ttc fab fertile fogies

Mum to Daisy (14), Rosie (12), Ruby (8), Eira (4) & Nerissa born 19/2/16
    MC July 2007 6+3wks Babaloon,
    MC August 2011 10wks, little Tiny Ears RIP babies, we will never forget xxx

Eira has the school dinners, she asked if she could have a packed lunch so I said occasionally but she seems to be enjoying the dinners (judging by the state of her polo shirt), she just wanted a chance to use her Frozen lunchbox!

I'm pleased that Hugh has been managing as well as he has. I really thought he'd be napping after school but has bene fine. He's eating more at lunch now and seems to like it. The only problem we've had is wetting himself and not telling anyone then getting home and being damp and smelly. I spoke to his teacher at parents eve this week and also bribed him with kinder eggs and he's been fine ever since!

Hiya Eira has been ok with that, amazingly enough, because at home she isn't always! My 2nd dd did wet herself a lot all through infants though - it was mainly when she went to a new school and I think she had to ask before she went, unlike her last school, and she didn't like to. I'm glad it's sorted, there's nothing like a bit of bribery, certainly works with Eira and she'd be there like a shot if she thought she was going to get Kinder eggs

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast