Christmas Plates
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Reception starters 2017!!

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Glad she's enjoying it suzie she's a cutie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

She's had a great day. Can't get much out of her though about what Shes done lol

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

Lovely pics Slinky Sarah and Suzie! What cuties! Glad everyone's starters are getting on so well.

Hugh had his home visit today. He wouldn't talk to them at all and hid/covered his ears for most of it! He started to whisper the odd thing for me to tell them including a joke that he found hilarious and laughed in my ear for ages. They were very nice about it all luckily. Bad news is the toilet at school has a hand drier in it. He has a phobia about hand driers so that will be tricky!
    Mummy to DD M 9y, and DS H 4Y

Glad she had a good day Sarah, I get about the same from DS - he does 'lots'!

Got the first newsletter home yesterday and all about the PE Kit, the information given at the induction just said T-shirt, shorts and plimsolls, now... we need an outdoor kit too tracksuit and trainers oh and white socks - seriously why does it matter what colour socks they wear for sports??

Otherwise school seems to be good fun.

Lewis started last week too, with first full day on Friday. He has already told me the big boys had threatened to hit him... I was in tears!

We have to send in school shoes but but then they swap into pumps! It chaos in morning as not enough room and only half started! We had to provide our door or kit too... I'm worried by time they get round to it his feet will have grown! But white socks in ridiculous!
    i don't see why they need or kit in reception.. they prob do more exercise in play ground! And done have only just gone 4 its hard for them to get changed!
    Mummy to my handsome, funny, little man

I haven't bothered buying a PE kit yet. They said they wouldn't start PE for a while and when they do they will send letters out. I brought one for her in nursery last year when she eventually did wear it in May she had outgrown in and she only ended up doing PE twice and that was it! I'll save my money till I need to this time.
    That's a bit over the top though indoor and outdoor kit

L started last week. Few tears at drop off but generally fine. It's such a worrying time. He's in a mixed class with year ones but a few of his nursery friends are in there with him, and he's allowed to go into the full foundation playground if he wants to as well to see his other friends from nursery.

His brain is very overactive so I'm pleased he's in the class with older children, he really needs to learn and constantly be filled with knowledge otherwise he gets bored and plays up. But it's going to be some adjustment especially since the majority of the children have already had a year in the school environment.

He has just been doing mornings but hes said he's excited about staying for lunch which is happening on Friday.

Someone said lost sheep. That's exactly what he looks like when I first drop him off. But they've promised he integrates just fine when I leave.

We start full days from tomorrow.

Poor Lewis SS, that is rotten for him. Are they not kept separate to the older children? Our school the playground for reception is actually separate which is good because I first thought they were with the bigger kids (although ds is going through an aggressive phase at the moment) they even stagger lunches so they are not with the bigger kids.

I get the impression that they will do PE straight away from this week. When I was at school it was just plimsolls which we wore outside but when it was warm and dry otherwise we did PE in bare feet.

I have been looking at trainers and am struggling to get his size now in a reasonably priced pair (I'm not paying a fortune to just leave at school for occasional use) so I have decided that I am not rushing around trying to find a pair, I will have a look tomorrow when I go into the town but if they don't have his size the school will have to accept that he wears plimsolls, if they wanted trainers too they should have said earlier.

I think the socks thing is ridiculous too, as you say SS some of them have only just turned 4. I think that they will probably let ds stay in other socks because he takes so long to get changed they will want to find a quicker way with him

His teacher hasn't really said two words to me yet which I find really strange as the nursery staff would always have a chat. I worry he will get bored cause next week they are doing things he already knows so I hope they make it fun.

Hugh starts tomorrow! Feeling emosh already!!

I'm the same Eleanor Sadie starts tomorrow and emotions are all over the place already!

How did it go, Kidston? Hugh had a good morning - said he liked it. He settled well, despite it being utter chaos. Although his teacher said we'd be fetched from outside, no one came. 4 classes of confused parents, plus 3 classes of the year above who were waiting but knew where they were going so everyone just piled in and blundered around! He said no one showed him where the loo was, despite promising a tour, so I hope that's tomorrow!

She loved it thank you Eleanor. Her nursery teacher was in there too so she ran in all excited to see her and her friends. She stayed till 1pm and she really enjoyed staying for lunch. She's been miserable and had a terrible attitude this afternoon though but I know it's cause she's tired and needs to get used to it all.
    That really does sound like chaos! Hope it's a bit better organised for you tomorrow. That's crazy if they haven't been showed the toilets!

Your school sounds as disorganised as ours Eleanor.

I hope they have told where the toilets are, still they can't say anything if they haven't shown them and they wet themselves - not good for you or the kids though.

Still I am glad that they had good days.

Yesterday we went to the door which we had been using for the majority of last week as no one had said anything different assumed that would be where we would go but nope, they use the other door - well why didn't somebody say so? I am new to all this.

Then there was the PE kit issue - serious lack of communication with the school.

So far with school I have been spend, spend, spend and we haven't started on the school trips yet!
    Last edited by Jax22; 12-09-2017 at 04:02 PM.

I find it hard getting to know the stuff parents are supposed to
    do!
    Jax, nursery and reception have a learning area and I thought that they used this at lunch (I think we were told that!) but nope. I know the school has been looking at ways to save money so maybe this is it! They are with years 1, 2,3 at lunch.. that's 240 children! Lots to watch!
    Mummy to my handsome, funny, little man

Hugh stayed for lunch today. He liked it although had no idea what 'it' actually was!! As predicted by me and other mums, finishing at 12.30 seemed highlly optimistic and they were v late getting them out at home time; the usual chaos! It was my poor parents standing in the pouring rain picking up. Still, he's happy so far, which is good. It's next week - whole days - that'll be the challenge!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast