Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reception starters 2017!!

Reception starters 2017!!

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Ok so ridiculously early but I'm already nervous.. We live in a weird area. Our only school option has 2 catchment areas and we are in priority 2. This was previously not a problem but I heard on the grape vine that this year people from same catchment area didn't get in!!! Arghhhhhh. We do have the option of a faith school which is further away, but I don't like the idea of pinching a place from someone who lives closer to that school iygwim and I want him to walk to school. I guess I'll have to, if there is a chance he could be sent miles away!!

the only other school near us has a catchment area of around 1/2 a mile and we live a mile away do no chance!

when I was a child we went to our local school end off!
    Mummy to my handsome, funny, little man

I wasn't even thinking about it tbh, but all but 4 of ds nursery class will start this year so it got me thinking and they were all talking about it!. I guess it won't be that long until they are advertising open days for schools though.. I saw one advertised for a different school in septemeber!!
    Mummy to my handsome, funny, little man

Louisa already has a place at the school here... We register them at three (or nearly three in our case!) then they start the term after they are three in the nursery class. She's currently the youngest pupil in the school! The ofsted is actually pretty dire... But the Foundation unit is considered outstanding. (This is a British state school abroad... They have them in all areas where the Forces are)

However... We are due to move back to the UK next July. We won't know where until April at the earliest unless it's a promotion... In which case we will move to one place for six months then move again.

So next year I'll have to do a late application for Reception and one for Year two. So both under the infant class size restriction of 30.
    Islay Jean, born 24/06/2011 at 2016 weighing 3.46kg in Hannover, Germany.

Louisa Joyce, born 15/03/2013 at 1900 weighing 8lb at home in Yorkshire, UK.

***Congrats to Soarkle113 and Emily for Baby C***
    ***Congrats to Cupcake Sparkle and and Henry for Baby T and Baby I***

***Congrats to Rabbit and Babystanden for their BFPs!***

DS will be starting sept 2017, I won't even know until next week if DD gets the school we want. So hopefully if she gets in then that's where he'll go too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh god this is us 🙈

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Bloody hell... By the end of the year I suppose we'll be looking at schools... Ready to apply January. ****

If Flo doesn't get into the school Ells is already at/where she's at for preschool, I don't know what I'll do. I'm pretty sure she will. We're out of catchment. But the fact Ells goes there bumps her up...

I can't believe this is something we'll need to start thinking about this year!

Elliott is 5 Flo is 3
    And baking baby number 3!

We have decided to keep Leila at the nursery she is at until reception next year it just makes more sense for us with work and getting her settled etc we have three schools in catchment that we need to go and have a look round. I have a feeling which one I want for her though and then hopefully dougie will follow. We moved areas last March and kept abi in the school she was is as she is a junior so this will be a whole new game for us

This will be Bella! 😯 I've no idea what I need to do to apply for schools and when.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This will be Bella! 😯 I've no idea what I need to do to apply for schools and when.

Main point... Get it in by 15th January!
    You get to list between 3-6 choices (depends on area), then the schools rank all their applicants in order of eligibility (usually In care, medical need, siblings, distance but depends on school, some have catchment areas, some have faith criteria etc), then you get the highest school on your list which you qualify for. They usually have data available so you can work out what schools you would have qualified for in previous years.

I was only talking to ex about this the other day. Can't believe DD will be going to school next year. She currently attends the nursery at one that's 20mins away. There's another same distance away in the opposite direction. And a few others in the area too

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

It's different in each area but it has to be in by January that's the really important bit. Check on your local councils website and it will explain how you need to apply on there x

Sadie will be going then too. Shes got a place at the school nurserys where I want her to go from September, I was hoping this would help get her a place at the school but it doesn't. It's a really small school, I'm so worried shes not going to get a place there. The other nearest school where she would definitely get a place is terrible and I would rather have to catch a bus each day to take her then go there.
    It's scary this time next year we will all know 😯

How do we apply though?

BTW Bella starts nursery properly soon and all clothes and shoes need to have her name in. How do I put her name in shoes?

Shoes- laundry pen. Got one in mothercare but seen them elsewhere too.

You can usually apply online through your councils website.

The shoes are all black though...even inside.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast