Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Failure to labour? *Update Number 3*

Quote Originally Posted by moominmomma View Post
    The midwives have to pass you over to consultant once overdue I think but in my experience the consultants are really chilled - they may scan you to check placenta and probably be happy for you to stay as midwife care / I had raised bp and protein and they still let me carry on

I went overdue with all 5 of mine and never got passed to consultant x
    Gemma 23 Sean 13 Leo 11 Isabella 7 Tayler 5

Update 3 : )
    Miffs is 4 , Bubbles is 2 & baby sister

You are not "overdue" until you are 2 weeks over your EDD which itself is 41 weeks along - so up to 43 weeks. Normal human gestation is 38 to 43 weeks. It is the fault of obstetricians who labelled the 41 week mark as the "due date". This creates unnecessary worry in ladies who reach this "average estimated date" and start worrying there is something wrong with them and they are "over" - they are not. It is perfectly normal to go for another week, 10 days or even 14 days, your chances of having a baby naturally increase in that interval daily. I would stay put and trust your body as it knows what it's doing, however uncomfortable you might feel at this stage, succumbing to interventions only increases your chances of needing further interventions. Just a thought, it's up to you of course. Best of luck whatever you decide and hope it all goes very well for you.
    Ectopic in Feb 2010 - lost one tube... but a Fab Fertile Fogie nevertheless!
    Mum to K born in Dec 2011 - our little miracle who became a twinkle in the eye whilst we were about to start IVF
    A surprise BFP in July 2015 whilst waiting for a trial of Chlomid - DD2 born in March 2016

Isn't edd 40 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Have you joined the 10 month mamas group on Facebook? Lots of woman go spontaneously after 42 weeks still

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Elliott is 5 Flo is 3
    And baking baby number 3!

I did PS but the group doesn't seem active & the UK one only hasn't accepted my request. I'm really not in the position to decline induction. It just isn't worth the hassle from medical professionals or from my dh....so I'm not trying to decline induction this time. I just don't have the emotional strength to go through it all again : (

It's not a failure to labour DL. You obviously naturally take a bit longer to cook these beautiful babies. It's the constrictions of the NHS that is failing you.

I understand and about the emotional strength. Slightly different situation but I was induced with kasper and a few people kept telling me I didn't have to have it and I should decline. Which made me feel more like a failure as I didn't fight. But ultimately it's what is best for you. Your body has done this twice before, it shouldn't take too much to get you labouring. I hope it's fast or that this baby goes against the grain and surprises you before IOL x
    beardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeard

Thankyou Beanie! I'm trying so hard to be 100% positive for this induction. I really would love to just leave myself for another week but I can't, my dh has alot of fantastic qualities but patience & seeing beyond the medical model are not either of them. Without my partners support I just feel like I'm in a corner by myself & it's a lonely place to be when you already doubt yourself.

I have confidence that my body doesn't need much to tip over into active labour (like my first induction) and hopefully baby won't take much convincing xx

Blog Entries
    I understand the emotive strength to refuse x
    I really hope you have a lovely easy induction

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Elliott is 5 Flo is 3
    And baking baby number 3!

Thankyou PS x

I refused induction with Nerissa despite a lot of pressure. I was about to turn 42 and the concerns was with the risks of stillbirth being higher with my age. If the drs had had their way I would have received a sweep at 39 weeks with a view to delivering before 40 weeks. I declined and was offered monitoring every 3 days although a couple of drs frightened me about low fluid levels/ failing placenta so I had a private scan which showed they were fine. If there had been a good reason (other than statistics relating to my age) I would have agreed but everything continued to be fine, I chickened out of a couple of inductions, finally agreed to a sweep at 11 days over and Nerissa was born at 15 days over!! As it turned out, I'd started contractions but I did spend a day in the induction ward waiting for a bed so they could break my waters (couldn't receive the drip due to previous c/section) but by the time one became available I was in active labour! In the end I needed no intervention and even my waters went on my own (which they've only done once before).

Just realised this is a few days old so you've probably had your baby, I hope it went well xx
    LucyMum The 42 yr old One Tubed Lady
    Out of difficulties grow miracles, Jean de le Bruyere

Cheering for super sticky BFPs for all the ttc fab fertile fogies

Mum to Daisy (14), Rosie (12), Ruby (8), Eira (4) & Nerissa born 19/2/16
    MC July 2007 6+3wks Babaloon,
    MC August 2011 10wks, little Tiny Ears RIP babies, we will never forget xxx