Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ♥ Aug', Sept', Oct' & Nov' '14 mamas chat thread ♥

♥ Aug', Sept', Oct' & Nov' '14 mamas chat thread ♥

I don't think there's a thread just yet for us is there? I can add September & October later on

Hope I'm not alone in wanting a general chat thread
    Last edited by Turquoise; 19-10-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    Breastfed for 3 years, 11 months and 2 weeks!

Just spotted this. Can't wait to be joining!! Think it may be quite a few weeks yet tho!! X x x

Oooh helloooo!

How you getting on turquoise?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hiiiiii

*sits down*

My girls

♡ Mama to a lovebug & expecting a bumblebee ♡

Hey lil

How are you doing?

Here's my pair 💝

aww lovely piccies. How is Molly and Freddie coping with tiny little ones around?

I'm doing fine
    Lily had her heel prick test today and weighed... she's only lost 10g which is apparently very good for a breast fed baby xx
    Last edited by Turquoise; 15-08-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: woops wrong name!

That's great, go lily!

Freddie is ok but I feel bad as I really cba to get put the house as it's so much effort sorting both out and figuring nap time/ lunch time and feeding Erin. My childminder has been on holiday so Freddie has been stuck in a lot. Going to make effort to go out this afternoon I think.

How arenyou finding bfing? We seem to be pretty established now, I found it hard for the first week or so though. My nips were sore as hell

Our latch isn't very good, but it no longer hurts at all.. so I don't know how important it is to get it corrected... God it hurt the first 5 days though!! Genuinely thought I'd either have to go to formula or bury my nips!

I cba going out either, can't even imagine how hard it'd be with another in tow! Find it such effort to get dressed I think I've only worn clothes one day so far & that was only for going to my mums

Lilys umbilical cord is about to drop off I think. I no like it! It catches on things & makes me feel faint!!

I also have bad pains in my side... between rib and hip, was worried it might be an infection from the placenta wound or something but midwife had a feel and said my uterus is still high and she is certain that's why which is a relief. So I'm getting checked again next Wednesday and then it's discharged to the HV. xx

I'm too lazy to update lol. I will soon x

♡ Mama to a lovebug & expecting a bumblebee ♡

How is everyone today? xx

We're ok.
    We found out that Lolas got grade 3 heart murmer with a possibility of a hole in her heart last Sunday when we only went in because she wasnt producing wet nappies in 24hrs.
    Because of that and other stuff I stopped bfing and went on formula.
    I'm on the edge until we have the scan. The murmur doesn't bother me, the not knowing if there is a hole or not bothers me. Still waiting for a date.

Mama to Molly & Lola <3

Oh Lil I'm sorry got my fingers crossed it's just the murmur and nothing serious at all.

Lily got weighed again today and she's gained 210g so she's now 8lb 3.5oz . I'm so glad, as BF is really difficult. I have to express before hand as my milk is just crazy to begin with, then I have to express several times in the small space of time she actually feeds as my let downs just keep coming. I'm getting quite a backlog of milk to store though which is good as means anybody can feed her now so I get to have a shower or make dinner etc.

Last night was hard... she didn't fall asleep until 6am we were meant to go out to the beach today for fish n chips with in laws but I also seem to have tonsilitis too... and we're both knackered... so we aren't going. xxx

Really hope it's not too serious lil. It must be really hard emotionally

I've not had Erin weighed for 2 weeks. Must take her. She's 5 weeks old today already!
    I went food shopping by myself today for the first time in at least a year, it was so easy lol.

Hope the tonsillitis clears up quick turquoise.

Off to Lily's first hearing test tomorrow... what can we expect? I'm partially dreading it as it's a good 30 minute walk and it's advised to have her changed and fed before hand, but she's very fussy and likes to eat pretty much every hour so it's going to be very difficult to get the timing right.

Also the HV came today and I was having a nap...so she is coming back next week... what do they do differently to midwives? As I only saw the midwife yesterday x

Hey ladies

How are we all doing?

Rosie is 8 days old and is loved by her 16 month old brother. He kisses and cuddles her often, makes my heart melt! We are feeling totally complete as a family of 4.

Rudy is cows milk protein intolerant and when I saw his dietician last month she said that his sibling had a high chance of also having cmpi. She said the contact gp for a referral if she shows signs of it. She has been displaying exactly the same symptoms that Rudy had so popped her to the gp this afternoon and the referral is being sorted no problem which is great.

However, I'm jumping on Lil's bandwagon with a heart murmur being referred to the paed, but dont know how long this will take, she said she's confident that we will hear from them within 2 weeks and that if we're at all worried about her during this time then to bring her straight back to the gp. Im just hoping that it turns out to be nothing major, she was checked by neonatal when she was born, and had regular obs whilst we were in hospital due to meconium. So just got to sit tight and await the appointment. Here's hoping.

Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast