Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ♥ Aug', Sept', Oct' & Nov' '14 mamas chat thread ♥

on my mobile, pretending not to be on this forum
    Blog Entries
    Hi, just saw this, great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyash View Post
    Hey ladies

How are we all doing?

Rosie is 8 days old and is loved by her 16 month old brother. He kisses and cuddles her often, makes my heart melt! We are feeling totally complete as a family of 4.

Rudy is cows milk protein intolerant and when I saw his dietician last month she said that his sibling had a high chance of also having cmpi. She said the contact gp for a referral if she shows signs of it. She has been displaying exactly the same symptoms that Rudy had so popped her to the gp this afternoon and the referral is being sorted no problem which is great.

However, I'm jumping on Lil's bandwagon with a heart murmur being referred to the paed, but dont know how long this will take, she said she's confident that we will hear from them within 2 weeks and that if we're at all worried about her during this time then to bring her straight back to the gp. Im just hoping that it turns out to be nothing major, she was checked by neonatal when she was born, and had regular obs whilst we were in hospital due to meconium. So just got to sit tight and await the appointment. Here's hoping.
    Oh darling. Please feel free to pm me xxx

Mama to Molly & Lola <3

Got discharged from MV today. Lily is now a whole 1lb heavier than her birthweight, chubby chops!

How is everyone doing?

Lily has been getting much better at evenings... she has a good 2-3 blocks of sleep of 2 hours. Something that was totally unheard of in the first 2 weeks! She wouldn't rest at all and screamed blue murder when we put her in her moses basket... and trumped away all the time, little love. Hoping the infacol is doing the trick! xx
    Breastfed for 3 years, 11 months and 2 weeks!

on my mobile, pretending not to be on this forum
    Blog Entries
    Hi

We're doing ok over here. Freddie has settled in well and his brothers have all accepted him without jealousy. I've not had him weighed for a couple of weeks, he's due to get done on Thu, but his 0-3 month clothes are getting tight and so are his 5 kilo cloth nappies. He was 9lb 12oz (4.3k) last time the HV came round.

I've got all 4 boys all to myself tomorrow - for a whole day - for the first time! I'm looking forward to it though. I'm going to take them out and have some fun. Bigger two start school on Thu and no.3 starts nursery too so I'll be missing them soon enough.

Hope everyone is ok!

Hi guys. We're still settling in to a new routine. Ben loves his little sister to bits so that is going well. We had the midwife today for the 10 day check and wasn't discharged as holly has lost another 2ozs so that's 6oz in total from birth at the moment. Need to go back next week. Holly is drinking well though with lots of wet and dirty nappys and already has a 3 hour awake period and another smaller period during the day so I'm not worried too much.
    Dh goes back to work on Wednesday next week so just trying to enjoy the last few days of him being home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done turquoise glad Lilly is feeding better for you in the evenings.

Charlie good luck tomorrow but I bet if your taking the boys out they will be good for you. Is mark back to work now? Freddie sounds like he is bulking up well. He will be massive by the time we see him give the boys a kiss from us. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

We were discharged from the midwife on day 12 even though her weight was static from day 5-12. Hv will be weighing her again next Thursday now. Had a phone call today to arrange the cardiac appt with the paediatrician, this will be on Tuesday afternoon. Glad we aren't having to wait long for this. Saw gp yesterday as she has oral thrush and thrush in her pants too, poor little love! Discussed with her about the static weight and the sickness/suspected cmpi we're experiencing and she agreed that we should try her on neocate as we had 5 tins left over from Rudy. It's only been just over 24 hours but there's a noticeable improvement already so obviously hoping it continues this way have not yet heard when the Dieticians appt will be.

Besides all the medical stuff, everything is great First day with no painkillers today following the section , never imagined feeling so well so quickly. Have been into Falmouth today to have a gander at the tall ships. Wrapped the little lady in my beautiful okinami wrap <3 she was so content and it was lovely

Think it was the first day that we've not had a single visitor so it's been really relaxed.

You're so lucky to have an appointment through we're still waiting. Thrush here too Nystatin.
    She's vomiting after some feeds. Bah.

I need to sort out my ring sling properly!

Mama to Molly & Lola <3

Another thrush sufferer here. I luckily haven't caught it. I have held off for weeks giving her the nystatin but have started using it. Anyone know how long it takes to work?

Hope your appointment hurries lil. And hope your babies are ok both.

We've hit a growth spurt, fussy feeding every evening for the last few nights. Hoping it passes soon!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We started using ours yesterday and it's clearing up today but been advised to use for 10 days as apparently if it's no longer visible it can still be in the body. Xxx

Mama to Molly & Lola <3

Cool thanks👍 xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nystan here too, started to use yesterday as well and can see an improvement already, 1ml x4 daily. Was told to use it for 2 days after we can no longer see any white patches, also got some canesten cream for her to use twice a day.

My gp said that the paed appt would never be as quick as we wanted it to be and to expect to wait 6-8 weeks to be seen, but the lady who books the appts said that the request was to see us within 3 weeks. The unknown is so scary isnt it Lil I have no idea what will happen at the appt on Tuesday but will keep you updated. My mother in law has a hole in her heart and my brother in law has a minor heart issue too, so there are known cardiac problems on dh's side, but the little bit of research ive done indicates that rarely is a heart murmur much of a problem, so fingers crossed our little ones both fall into the majority category! X

Fx! Ours is marked urgent but non emergency but it concerned the paeds at the hospital for her thrush (dont ask) to chase them up.
    Lolas grade 3/6. J had a heart murmur I think as well as my mum's sister. It's just the worrying about the hole in heart itself and wenether there is one. Xxx

Mama to Molly & Lola <3

Lily has diarrhea... she's been on infacol for 3 days and it's making a huge improvement, wondering if it's that? She normally only dirties a nappy once every 2-3 days but she's done two very watery poos today already... anything I can do? She seems to be OK in herself..
    Breastfed for 3 years, 11 months and 2 weeks!

Bf babies often have up to 8 non solid poos a day (sort of wet porridge consistency)- normally same time as feeding.

I would just keep an eye on it as it sounds more normal than only every 2-3 days. Could just be her digestion is now more mature.

Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast