Christmas Plates

Thread: Female Sterilisation Reversal?

Female Sterilisation Reversal?

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    I posted this in TTC but one of the ladies recommend I post this here to see if anyone can help me.

I have 3 girls (9,6,4). In 2009 after the baby was born me and my (ex) husband decided sterilisation was the best course of action to take. At the time we were struggling. Before I had got pregnant we thought we were over and it was only the fact I was pregnant we managed to pull together. Things were good for a while and in order to help things along I agreed to sterilisation. Doctors were happy for me to as I had a stillbirth in 2003, then the 3 girls so they felt confident in allowing it.

Anyway I had the op in Aug 2009 using the clips I think. Things were good for a while but a year later we were over. He moved out and is now remarried. I am engaged and we are all happy.

But me and my fiancee really wish to have a baby together. We have looked into several options. IVF, Egg sharing, Reversal.

After all things considered we are going to get a reversal at a PRIVATE clinic. We have some money in savings from an inheritance. Has any body else gone through this? Or does anybody know of any good clinics? or consultants? We are based in Liverpool but our family lives in London and Somerset. We will travel to any clinic to get what we need.

Registered User YorkshirePudding's Avatar
    I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I want my reversal doing to relieve symptoms of PTLS x

Click here to see my PF approved members shop!
    Find Jellymoon on Facebook too!

Mummy to four awesome kids!
    Jordan (12), Lily (7), Leoni (4) and Logan (2)!

Ill let you know. Ill be getting mine privately and soon but ill let you know.

Booked my consultation

19th June 4pm. Bye bye pennies

I believe it's completely reversible, especially after a relatively short time (and using clips), so your odds are good that all will be fine. I think this is why my gynae is very reluctant to do it in the first place, especially on young-ish women who don't need it for specific health reasons. Having said that... I will be 36 when this baby arrives, it was unplanned and it will be my 3rd C-section. I actually don't think I can physically do this again!! I could conceive but I think I might be a bit knackered...

Anyway. I'm having them done at the same time as this latest C-section, I know DH doesn't want any more (he'll be 42 soon) and I definitely don't... so we'll see how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyUnicorn View Post
    Booked my consultation

19th June 4pm. Bye bye pennies
    Would you mind sharing which clinic you are going to hun x

Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    I believe it's completely reversible, especially after a relatively short time (and using clips), so your odds are good that all will be fine. I think this is why my gynae is very reluctant to do it in the first place, especially on young-ish women who don't need it for specific health reasons. Having said that... I will be 36 when this baby arrives, it was unplanned and it will be my 3rd C-section. I actually don't think I can physically do this again!! I could conceive but I think I might be a bit knackered...

Anyway. I'm having them done at the same time as this latest C-section, I know DH doesn't want any more (he'll be 42 soon) and I definitely don't... so we'll see how it goes...
    Did you know its less effective if done at the same time as a c-sec hun? I had my tubes tied in 2011during my c-sec, and I fell pregnant last year

I've gone with pall mall in Manchester.

225 for the initial consult

Then 3000 as a day case or 3500 for overnight stay. I think ill just do the overnight since I'm all ready paying 3225 extra 500 won't really make a difference. And it's not really local. I don't fancy an hour long drive back home after op.

Thanks for that hun, Manchester isn't too far from me so I think I will look into it x

They seem the cheapest. Staff seemed good to. Ill keep you posted once I visit the clinic.

Thanks, that would be good xx

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding View Post

Did you know its less effective if done at the same time as a c-sec hun? I had my tubes tied in 2011during my c-sec, and I fell pregnant last year
    NOOooooooo!!!!! Seriously?

Hmm. We might have to look at getting DH ''fixed'' too then. Not having tubes done AND then using contraception!

Did they just grow back?

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding View Post

NOOooooooo!!!!! Seriously?

Hmm. We might have to look at getting DH ''fixed'' too then. Not having tubes done AND then using contraception!

Did they just grow back?
    I have no idea?! Sadly I lost the baby, and the doctors havn't said anything about investigating to see if they have grown back ect. Apparantly the coil is more effective than being sterilised

I ended up cancelling my appointment with the clinic.

I have rebooked with a different clinic. 2/7/13. At the BMI hospital. Female sterilisation reversal clinic.

Excited but terrified at paying 4000 for an op and it might not work.