Page 3 of 252 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2012 ( and honorary December ) mummies chat thread - back by popular demand!

oh no Dee! I might have to buy a crib as a cot won't fit in our room, might squeeze a couple more months out of it than a moses basket! How often does your OH's daughter come? Could you put a cot in there and then move it to your room when she visits?

Guess I should re-introduce myself in here then

I'm Beccy but generally known as Boc in real life as well as in here. My son Axton was due on 12.12.12 but arrived a week late on the 19th weighing 8lb 8oz. We had a traumatic birth but we'll all be ok which is obviously the main thing.

I'm breastfeeding which I'm very happy about despite the complete lack of sleep although the feeding itself is better now that his tongue tie has been snipped. He's putting on weight at a spectacular rate, having dropped to 8lb 0oz in the first week, he was weighed yesterday at 4.5 weeks old and was 11lb 11oz.

We're using cloth nappies which I absolutely love and so far we haven't bothered buying a pram or pushchair as we thought we'd see how we got on with slings first.... so far so good!

So that's us. Here's a couple of pics:

Day 1

1 month old

On my phone

Hi Boc Wow he has grown hasn't he! Love the snowsuit

How are you all feeling weight/size wise now? I think I still look about 5 months pregnant. Don't particularly want to diet as such as I'm breastfeeding and fine all over, it's just my tum. Not sure what to do or when it should go down!

Boc he's gorgeous! And what a great weight gain!

Flower i'm the size of a house, although smaller than pre pregnancy with both Oscar and Ruby! Need to start doing slimming world or something as we've booked our wedding now

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks both

Flower.... weight and size is almost back to normal I think. Belly would be flat if it wasn't for the tear in the muscle down the middle but hopefully that is getting better with the exercises. The main possibly longterm change is in my hips..... a lot of my pre-pregnancy trousers for work and sporty stuff are elasticated waists and I can't get them over my hips it's so frustrating as if I could, I know they would be ok round the waist. Having to wear trousers with zips to get them past the hips. I so hope they go back but not holding my breath.

On my phone

Well my boy was 9lb7 a week ago, and is 10lb4 today. I can't believe how fast my baby is growing and changing.

Health Visitor mentioned how happy and content he is.

What beautiful boys Boc and Mol.

Dilema - I'm feeding Tabitha at the moment. I always give her boob then bottle but she had fallen asleep after boob - back in the basket?
    Oh she's woken back up - back on the boob!!
    Fab Fertile Fogie
    Mum to E 17 M 13, and step mum to A 23 three gorgeous girls
    Grown them a sister! baby T born 17/12/12

http://www.pregnancyforum.org.uk/sho...s-well-35-plus!!)

Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    What beautiful boys Boc and Mol.

Dilema - I'm feeding Tabitha at the moment. I always give her boob then bottle but she had fallen asleep after boob - back in the basket?
    Oh she's woken back up - back on the boob!!
    They always wake up right as you think they won't take more dont they?!

We are just starting colic time now : (
    My husband got some sleep this afternoon so it's his turn to take him. Hoping for more sleep but browsing on here won't help with that!

Lol I've just put Tabitha back down and am lying in bed browsing too! Wide awake yet need to sleep!
    Fab Fertile Fogie

I always have a quick browse on here through the day when Josh is asleep, if he's ever asleep for longer then 5 mins! lol i play candy crush on my phone when i'm feeding him usually through the night to keep myself awake xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    .♡. Joshua - 29.11.2012 .♡.
    .♡. 7.9.2011 - Will never forget you .♡.

I'm addicted to this forum! It keeps me going in the middle of the night!
    Fab Fertile Fogie

I'm just off to the docs to get my stitches checked.... well the stitches have long gone but it doesn't feel right so nervous about needing more surgery.

On my phone

oh no Boc, hope you don't need surgery

Dee how is your older daughter now?

Going to read and reply properly later, just had a spare sec!

The doc thinks it looks ok but took a swab to check for infection just in case.

I also told her that my hubby is worried about pnd because I've burst into tears a few times recently (in fact I was in tears explaining that I was concerned about how I was healing lol). I'm not worried about it... I feel fine most of the time and love being a mum, the things I've cried abouf have been specific things that scare me (such as splitting in half all over again and being in hospital, away from my baby while someone feeds him with a bottle etc), but I promised my hubby I'd say something so I did. Doc reckons it sounds normal but made me an appointment for 2 weeks time to keep an eye on me and said she could check the healing again then too which is reassuring

On my phone

Glad the doc thinks all is okay boc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    .♡. Joshua - 29.11.2012 .♡.
    .♡. 7.9.2011 - Will never forget you .♡.

Page 3 of 252 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast