Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well tomorrow is the THE DAY....

Well tomorrow is the THE DAY....

We are telling our son he's going to b a big brother

We have a scan in the afternoon, and if all is ok we r gonna break the news

We were gonna wait til 12 weeks but he's getting worried about my sudden throwing up - and he'll witness it all the more over Christmas holidays so we r gonna bite the bullet and tell him

Wish us luck

P.s any hints or tips on how yo do this... We know he wants a little brother or sister but I'm worried about questions eg how did a baby get in there etc
    Sending Love, Folic Acid And Babydust

awwww yay good luck! i dont have that problem as mine is only 2 lol

Aww good luck. Not got any kids so no advice I'm afraid!

x

thanks ladies, I suppose we'll just see how it goes lol 6 is a funny age lol

We haven't told my son yet as its still so early, but MIL decided to quiz him and ask him if hed like a baby around the house (I was so mad but thats a different story). Anyway, since then he hasn't stopped asking if we can 'get a baby' and then asking how he got in my tummy. My son is 4 and a half and we just told him we had to go to the doctors and ask to have a baby put in my tummy, he asked how they get out too and we told him we went to the hospital and the doctor makes a cut in mummys tummy...I did have a section so it wasnt even a lie. I suppose it all depends on the age of your kids and what you think theyll believe. I'm all for being truthful with them but I think 4 and a half is a but young for the whole truth.
    I've told him we are too busy right now for a baby because Christmas is coming up but when we aren't as busy we will have a think about it, its a shame really that MIL mentioned anything because he has asked us both loads, hes even asked my Mum to have a new baby lol. I want to tell him as close to 20 weeks as possible because its such a long time to wait at their age.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I would also have been annoyed in your situation, what would have happened if he took it negatively Jamies seen two of his aunts and hi best friends mum go through pg which made him start to ask for a sibling - we would have waited a bit longer to tell him but he's really upset when I'm being sick bless him. Ah well hopefully we will gt a good scan pic nd be able to sho him it xx

We're going to tell DD3 (who's 5) on Christmas Day. If she thinks to ask how the baby got in my tummy then I'll tell her the truth - I don't think you should lie to your kids about where children come from; it's perfectly possible to explain the facts of life in an age-appropriate way without having to make something up.

Quote Originally Posted by secretly wishing View Post
    I would also have been annoyed in your situation, what would have happened if he took it negatively Jamies seen two of his aunts and hi best friends mum go through pg which made him start to ask for a sibling - we would have waited a bit longer to tell him but he's really upset when I'm being sick bless him. Ah well hopefully we will gt a good scan pic nd be able to sho him it xx
    The sickness thing is a difficult one.
    Yesterday we were playing eye spy in the car. Alex said "eye apy with my little eye something beginning with S....and I'll give you a clue, Mummy does it all the time" Richard said "shout" and Alex said "No, sick".
    I was realky shocked, I thought I was hiding it well from him, it made me feel quite sad...I told him later he didn't need to worry and Mummy wasn't poorly, it just happened to ladies sometimes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My DD is 3 and a half nearly, shes quite happy with the explanation that mummys tummy will get bigger and bigger then pop, the baby is here. But she asked how it actually got in there and i didnt know what to say!
    My beautiful Esmae arrived 2 days early via c section after a week of failed inductions. Totally worth it tho x

My children have been going on about wanting another baby brother or sister for ages. I often get 'how does the baby get in the mummy's tummy?' and 'How does the baby get out of the mummy's tummy?' At 4,5 and 8 I have to be careful about how I explain it to them because they are all at different stages of understanding. So far I have resorted to 'Ask your dad'
    Mummy to: Kyle (9), Ebony (7), Harvey (6), Holly (Newbie), And 2 angel babies (Delayed Miscarraige: 06.01.13 - EDD: 27.07.13 and miscarriage: 30.04.14 - EDD: 25/12/14) - TTC #4 since June '09

Quote Originally Posted by mummysarah+co View Post
    My children have been going on about wanting another baby brother or sister for ages. I often get 'how does the baby get in the mummy's tummy?' and 'How does the baby get out of the mummy's tummy?' At 4,5 and 8 I have to be careful about how I explain it to them because they are all at different stages of understanding. So far I have resorted to 'Ask your dad'
    Lol love it ill keep that in mind

Well we told him we sat hum down and showed him the scan picture saying that it's the reason why I am sometimes sick. Jamie asked if the hospital can take it out and I told him that it has to stay there til the summer holidays as its his his little brother or sister

The smile on his face was amazing he immediately jumped up and ran off to tell his cousins in the other room. He's now fussing over me asking if I need a pillow. Am I warm enough? Do I want a drink

I'm blessed to have such a lovely son

I'm in such a soppy mood with seeing the scan and telling Jamie- I don't know how I'm gonna get through the school Christmas play tonight better pack some tissues

Quote Originally Posted by mummysarah+co View Post
    come to ilfracombe & show them the damien hirst statue!

(of the pregnant lady in case you're wondering what on earth im on about!!!!)

Awwww that is so adorable!

Awww Secretly Wishing that made me well up! What a little sweetie!!! There is a children's picture book called "Mummy laid an egg" by Babette Cole which tells the truth (in a nice way) about where babies come from. My friend gave it to me the other day! Let's just say I defo couldn't read it to my reception class, but I would read it to my own kids (if I had any!!!!)
    DD - 2013, DS 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast