Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1831

Thread: Fab Fertile Fogies (calling all the old dears well 35 plus!!)

Congratulations to Valentine and Hoping!

Hoping, I also had the Harmony test with my second pregnancy. It cost in the region of 500 and was done privately. The results came back really fast. If you can afford this private test, and not everyone can, I would recommend it, I wish I had it with my first as I chose amnio with my odds and was SO scared of a mc especially when I came out with unexplained fever a day after the procedure!!
    Mama to two miracles - K born Dec 2011 and T born in Mar 2016

Thanks Savannah I have looked at the Harmony tests, and would be up for it, but on the website it says that if they did see high risk - they'd then send you for a cvs anyway? And that they only test for three chromosome abnormalities?

Sorry, I'm taking over the thread with this cvs debate aren't I.

xx

💞 Mmc 19th March 2016. You'll always be in my heart. Chemical pregnancy July 16' Love you both, always will xx

Not at all Hoping, ask away!!

As as far as I recall (it was a year ago so a bit hazy) they test for much more than the 3 most well known abnormalities. The best thing would be to call your nearest centre and ask - or have a good Google about what Harmony test checks.

And yes I think you are right, if someone does need further tests they send you for a cvs. However the tests are already pretty accurate and don't do "false suspected positives" and the results are completely different from NHS combined blood tests which could be 1/10000, 1/100, 1/50 etc... Harmony is much more black and white if you know what I mean. The probability comes back either infinitesimally small, or quite high - there is no middle ground like with the current standard NHS tests. That's what got me so worried years ago when I had odds of 1/82... Not very high, but not that low either! Hence I chose amnio but I wish Harmony had been around to save me the worry X

Thanks Savannah - I'm going to chat to hubby about it later and make some calls xx

💞 Mmc 19th March 2016. You'll always be in my heart. Chemical pregnancy July 16' Love you both, always will xx

Hiya everyone

I don't come on here much, need to curb the desire for more babies but thought I'd pop on tonight.

Huge congrations Valentine, I didn't know (and also never would have thought you as a ff ) . There again we're all getting older aren't we - I first joined this forum when I was 33 .....eeek that's nearly 10 years ago now :shocked:

Hoping, congrats to you too I must say I was one of the ladies that refused to have a cvs or amnio, and three of my pregnancies have been high risk (1 in 42, 1 in 26 and 1 in 37). I can fully understand why you want it though and sometimes I felt a bit irresponsible with older kids to consider but I just couldn't bring myself to do it!

Deejay great to see you on here, how are you, I've been meaning to send you a message (school holidays devour all my time )

Savannah, great to see you too and we must definitely meet up xx

I'm sorry to hear about this Sandy person, I don't know why people do this, I missed all of that!
    LucyMum The 42 yr old One Tubed Lady
    Out of difficulties grow miracles, Jean de le Bruyere

Cheering for super sticky BFPs for all the ttc fab fertile fogies

Mum to Daisy (14), Rosie (12), Ruby (8), Eira (4) & Nerissa born 19/2/16
    MC July 2007 6+3wks Babaloon,
    MC August 2011 10wks, little Tiny Ears RIP babies, we will never forget xxx

Hi everyone,
    I dont come on much any more but have started having the odd lurk to see how everyones doing.
    I had my second baba last November - a little fella who is just the best baby....he actually sleeps all night!!!!
    Anyway, not sure if its because he's so easy but at 38 I am actually broody again
    Rationally I know it would be difficult but I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and recently had a bone density scan which showed some thinning of the bones which could lead to Osteoporosis and so i'm thinking its in the next year or never to have a third baby.

I dont know - maybe its just saddness at getting older and saying goodbye to the possibility of one more but either way, I thought I'd get it off my chest.
    Anyway - hubby will NEVER agree

Hope everyones well - congrats on your baby girl Savannah!

x

My my longterm TTC diary resulting in my surprise natural bfp in 2011!!!

My old username was Superhonig78
    Cheering everyone in LTTTC to their sticky BFP's

Hi Sarah and Bumpkin congratulations and good luck trying to persuade Oh about number 3. I was lucky as it was OH who desperately wanted another baby lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fab Fertile Fogie
    Mum to E 17 M 13, and step mum to A 23 three gorgeous girls
    Grown them a sister! baby T born 17/12/12

http://www.pregnancyforum.org.uk/sho...s-well-35-plus!!)

I have just watched Alex Jones fertility and me on bbc I player. She is pregnant at 39.
    There was lots of good information for older women ttc

Fab Fertile Fogie
    Mum to E 17 M 13, and step mum to A 23 three gorgeous girls
    Grown them a sister! baby T born 17/12/12

http://www.pregnancyforum.org.uk/sho...s-well-35-plus!!)

Hi!! Sorry to hear about your health. Don't worry about age though, I'm 11 weeks with my third and I'm 40 (had my second at 38) xxxxxx

Thanks both and congrats Hoping!!! I think it's nice to not 'shut the door' on the idea of a third but realistically it's probably not going to happen x

My my longterm TTC diary resulting in my surprise natural bfp in 2011!!!

My old username was Superhonig78
    Cheering everyone in LTTTC to their sticky BFP's

I've not been in here for quite a while.....well it's been a while since anyone has posted by the looks of it.

Hoping, great to see you're into third tri now, hope it's going well.

Sarah, I know how you feel. I'm a fair bit older than you and would still like another but even with the slim chance that it could happen at 43, 44, 45, even 46, my OH would never ever agree either

38 is nothing though, I had Eira when I was nearly 39, and Nerissa 3 days after I turned 42.

I must update my diary, I'm still with OH, and as I say, still hoping that a miracle may happen and I'll have another little baby somehow....crikey, ,mad, I don't even know whether we'll stay together!. Ness is doing really well - I'm still bf, she's eating well, not far off walking and turns 1 next month. It's very scary how the time flies! It doesn't seem any time at all since Eira was a baby and now she's at preschool 3 afternoons a week and we're waiting to hear on which school she'll be going to.
    Last edited by LucyMum; 31-01-2017 at 12:47 AM.
    LucyMum The 42 yr old One Tubed Lady
    Out of difficulties grow miracles, Jean de le Bruyere

Cheering for super sticky BFPs for all the ttc fab fertile fogies

Mum to Daisy (14), Rosie (12), Ruby (8), Eira (4) & Nerissa born 19/2/16
    MC July 2007 6+3wks Babaloon,
    MC August 2011 10wks, little Tiny Ears RIP babies, we will never forget xxx

I know this is probably not the place for this but I'm 46 and had my DS at nearly 42. I think I'm done with ttc now as I'm really starting to feel my age and have a demanding job so pretty much knackered all the time! I've missed 2 periods though which has never happened before. The most I've ever been late is about 10 days. Could this be early menopause? What am I supposed to do if this happens, should I get my hormones checked or will the Dr just say it's normal for my age etc. I'm definitely not pregnant btw!!

Littlecat I know you wrote this ages ago but I could have written it! Same age, same symptoms. No idea what to do! What did you do?! X

Cass - I would advise to see a doc
    secondary infertility
    Feb 2015 DD - TTC 9 months
    2017 # 1 IVF - BFN
    2017 # 2 IVF - no implantation
    2018 - changed clinics, the 1st consulting - Poland
    July 2018 # 3 IVF PGS NGS, Invicta - BFP !!!

Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123 LastLast