Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fab Fertile Fogies (calling all the old dears well 35 plus!!)

Fab Fertile Fogies (calling all the old dears well 35 plus!!)

Edited to add pregnancy successes

Well after a few of us 'old dears' or women of a certain age were chatting on a separate thread , we realised there were quite a few of us out there facing all the same issues and anxieties as the younger girls, but realised there were issues that seemed to applie to us more than most, as well as discovering more and more things in common.
    This thread is for anyone over the age of 35 (although we are certainly not ageist and won't turn anyone away). We hope that whilst addressing the age old ( get it?) questions about ttc at a mature age, pregnancy at a mature age, motherhood at a mature age, we hope that this thread will be a platform for friendships to develop and general chat. We also hope it will become a sticky. So Welcome you fab fertile Fogies. Look forward to chatting xxx

FFF PREGNANCIES and BABIES

DeeJay
    DD3 17/12/12 conceived age 43, born age 44
    (DD1 16/5/1998 at 29 and DD2 30/6/2002 at 33)

HTPR
    DS born 9 days before my 35th birthday in 2011, DD born about three weeks after I turned 37 in 2013, BFP Jan '15 - I'll be 39 and a half when this one is born if all goes well

NIKKI29UK
    Dd was conceived just after my 37th birthday after 2 years of trying and just starting tests. So I was 37 when I had her. I'll be 40 next month. So if all goes well with this pregnancy that's how old I'll be when baby is born

Lucymum
    DD1, Conceived at 27, born at 28
    DD2, Conceived & born at 30
    DD3, Conceived at 33, born at 34
    DD4, Concieved & born at 38

Mistresskb
    DS, conceived and born at 32 (just before 33 so my birthday gets sort of forgotten now!)
    DD, conceived at 37, born at 38

Sarah&bumpin
    DD1 conceived and born at 33
    Hoping against hope to add one more to this list but DD took us 5 yrs so who knows

Savannah
    DD born when I was 37. I will be 41 this summer...

Elsieboo
    i had my son at age 31, daughter at age 33. #3 was conceived at 35. dh is 10 years my senior.
    both conceived while breastfeeding too

Cass
    DD1 conceived and born when I was 41 after I'd given up trying to conceive for about 4 years.

SESAME SEED
    I had ds when I was 36 I think haha! no I was 35!

Emeraldroses:
    DS conceived age 34, was due on my 35th birthday. Sadly lost.
    DD1 was born July 2009 when I was 36 (pregnant aged 35).
    DD2 was born in January 2012 when I was 38 (pregnant aged 37/38 - not certain because after 2nd bleed I found out I was further on than we thought).

FLORA:
    F was conceived when I was aged 39 (after 5 cycles and 1 chemical pregnancy), born June 2011 just before my 40th birthday (my most special present )

Last edited by deejay; 24-02-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    Fab Fertile Fogie
    Mum to E 17 M 13, and step mum to A 23 three gorgeous girls
    Grown them a sister! baby T born 17/12/12

http://www.pregnancyforum.org.uk/sho...s-well-35-plus!!)

Ooh fab idea! I am Claire, 37 years old and despite my ticker (really must update it!) I've just had my first baby! 4 weeks ago, Harriet. Look forward to chatting to other 'oldies'!

C x
    DD born March 2012 my little princess

MMC at 5-6 weeks found out at 9+3 March 2011 - my lovely first bean gone but never forgotten...

Hellooooo!!! Im a sprightly 19 year old with perky boobies and a smooth backside, shiny black hair with not a grey in sight and lovely plump ovaries and enough eggs to populate a large continent!!!....hmmmm yeah ok Hi, Im 37 my boobies can sometimes keep my belly button warm, my backside is like orange peel, my dull black hair is sprinkled with shiny grey hair and my ovaries are a bit prune like and no doubt my eggs are getting a bit past their best BUT I am going to become a first time mum very soon oh yes I am!! and by jove Im going to be a damn good one too!!!!! xxx
    My Diary of TTC
    STOP THE IVF POSTCODE LOTTERY PLEASE SIGN!!!!
    Fab fertile 40 year old fogie, found out I was pregnant on 27 Nov 2012, confirmed ectopic 10 Dec
    Left tube removed 14th Dec 2012
    Started ICSI at Jessops Assisted Conception Unit 13th January 2013
    Egg collection 24 Jan - 5 eggs, 4 fertilised
    Blastocyst transfer 29 January - 2 little blasties on board!
    Sadly BFN
    TTC for 3 nearly 4 years
    Started 2nd and final round of IVF 20th November - No eggs
    Waiting to start donor egg IVF
    Cheering all the fab fertile fogies and LTTTCer's come on sticky BFP's!!!!
    Cheered Doglover to her BFP!!!

Does it count if my ovaries are ageing before the rest of me?!

Special cheers for Macksie, Cankles, Ink Queen and Lauraaax for their long-awaited BFPs

williwonti
    This is great! I'm not 35 yet. I turned 34 on 3rd Jan but can I sneak in?

It's really good to know that there are other older ladies ttc especially first timers. Xxx

Evening girls.....

Its fab to have a great new thread to meet, greet & and whatever else takes your fancy.....

I'm Fiona, 40 years old, just about managed to have Fergus (my first) before my 40th birthday, and though I have horrendously grey hair I feel about 20 most of the time, apart from when I first get out of bed and my knees hurt like bl***s....

Hi deejay, cankles, williwonti and choccyeclaire.....

Pleased to meet you all..

Flora

I get so excited when I watch OBEM and Maternity Ward and there are older ladies on there it gives me hope!!! lol

Flora, were you treated any different by your doctors/midwives because you were a slightly older first time mum?
    My Diary of TTC
    Fab fertile 40 year old fogie, found out I was pregnant on 27 Nov 2012, confirmed ectopic 10 Dec
    Sadly BFN
    TTC for 3 nearly 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by cankles View Post
    I get so excited when I watch OBEM and Maternity Ward and there are older ladies on there it gives me hope!!! lol
    Though there haven't been as many in this series (well thats my impression anyway)..... Lots of 17-20 yo... There was that fabulously fit 60 year old man though.....

The last series down in Southampton had loads 30+

FLora

Hi everyone I'm 43 highlighted hair hides the greys! I have 2 daughters coming up to 14 and 10 ( yeah I was in my 20's the first time lol)
    Been with my new love for 2 years, have a 19 year old step daughter and am very newly pregnant :-)
    Really looking forward to getting to know you all better. Xx

Ps williwonti and someday soon you are both welcome of course !! Xx
    Fab Fertile Fogie

Ive heard that twins are more common in the more mature mum...is this true? has anybody else heard this?? My OH is convinced now that when we get our BFP its going to be twins!! lol
    My Diary of TTC
    Sadly BFN
    TTC for 3 nearly 4 years

Ps please tell your other old dear friends in other parts of the forum to come join us !
    Fab Fertile Fogie

Hi all!! I'm just turned 36 about a month ago.... ttc number 2 (once all this messing about is done of course )

Got pg with number 1 when I was 34 and had him about two weeks before I turned 35

Happy to be an old dear!

the things that worry me more now I'm older are the risk of mc and chromosomal abnormalities - I've had 2 early mc already since I started ttc for the very first time in May 2009. Part of me wishes I'd started earlier, but then I would have been having babies with the wrong person
    Mummy to
    Jon, born 23-02-11
    Tasha, born 30-03-13

m/c Feb 2010 & March 2012 - I'll never know what you would have been like

Sorry cankles I missed your earlier question.... I didn't get treated any different at all by GP/doctor/mw's because of my age, the waiting room at the AN clinic had all sorts from teenagers up, and to be honest a few ladies looked older than me. My mw told me her cousin only started her family at 41, and had 3 babies in five years............

I had read somewhere that one of the reasons that twin births are increasing is the fact that there are more older mothers...... If one of you TTCing ladies had twins - wouldn't that get this thread off with a bang........

Hi HTPR - pleased to meet you, and best of luck with the baby making!!

Flora
    Last edited by Flora; 05-04-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Hi everyone

I'm 36 and had my Mara 10 months ago at 35. I feel REALLY lucky that i had a straightforward journey to Mummyhood. Well apart grom getting her out but even that ended well I did get id'd in Morrisons tonight though Apparently they now "challenge 25"! Whatever, I'll take it!

My MW was indignant when I brought up my age and said they have lots of ladies "well into their 40s" having their first babies.

It is true about rates of twins being higher in older Mummies btw

We are hoping to make baby number 2 in the next few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now a Mummy of 2!

Hi jules......... glad you found us...

I would LOVE to be ID-ed, but sadly it only happens to me when I have a large hat on...

Flora

Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast