Thread: How long does it take for Tax credits to process a claim?

How long does it take for Tax credits to process a claim?

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    My husbands income has dropped which we can now prove as his company's accounts have now been audited - we spoke to the tax people on the phone and they arranged to send out the forms, which took 2 weeks to arrive - we filled them in on the day they arrived and sent them back 11 days ago and havent heard anything from them yet. They did say they would backdate the claim for 12 weeks but will that be from the date they process the claim?

Thanks for any information you may have.

jane x

I'd say 2-3 weeks for weekly payments but i had to request them to back dated which took another 3 weeks. They would have backdated it from the date you were entitled to it (providing they have that info)
    Mummy to two beautiful boys (April 2011 & June 2013)

Everything is processed in the order it is received, if you call them and ask nicely they will tell you whereabouts they are in the work queue, ie applications received on this date are being processed today. In my experience they are usually pretty quick, the bank holidays coming up may slow things down though.

K

It took approx 4 weeks from start (them sending out the forms) to receive our first payment when we put in a new claim in August
    mum to DD x 2 (8) (3 months) and DS x 2 (6) (2)