Christmas Plates

Thread: Artificial Rupture of Membranes-anyone had this done?

Artificial Rupture of Membranes-anyone had this done?

Advertise here
    Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
    Im booked in to have ARM done on thurs morning to induce me when I will be 10 days over

Midwfire said last week Im 2-3 cm already and head is well donw so I wont need a pessary to start me off.

has anyone been induced this way (ARM) if so, how was it? Did labour start very quickly? Did you end up having drugs anyway?

Thanks girls x
    Mummy to DS born Nov 2000 and DD May 2009 x

Re: Artificial Rupture of Membranes-anyone had this done?

My waters were broken for me. I did go into labour naturally but the MWs made a mistake & thought I was 6cm instead of 2cm. I had been at hospital for ages & I'd already had 2 doses of IV anti-biotics so they decided to break my waters to get things moving as my contractions had virtually stopped.

When they were broken I was 3/4cm & strong contractions came as soon as they were broken. I was progressing ok after this, managed to get to 7cm then everything stopped. I had an epidural & he was stuck so I think both of these things contributed to my slow dilation. I was put on the hormone drip to get things going, and I managed to get to 10cm eventually. My LO was side on & I apparently have a small pelvis so I think I would maybe have always needed the drip. He didn't engage until I was fully dilated & I had a foceps delivery as he was distressed by this point.

Forgot to say, I found it very strange getting my waters broken, they kept gushing out every time I had a contraction. I thought it would never end.

Thanks for your reply, its good to hear of other people's experiences!

No advice from me just and an eviction notice to baby Scones!

Lots of labour dust coming your way....
    Araminta

My Tits rock!

I had this done when I was induced hun and it really got things going for me! I had diamorphine though which slowed my contractions and I had to have the drip to get them going again though but that did the trick! The good thing is you're already 2-3cm so it should be really straight forward! Hopefully you'll go into labour before!

Blog Entries

Very best wishes hope baby decides to make a move before then for you
    DS is 10♥ DD is 8♥ Banana Bear is 4♥ Still always broody!

Thankyou so much

I had my waters broke in 2nd labour, i didnt really know much about it as it was done at the height of a contraction, didnt feel anything! It did increase the intensity of the contractions, so im sure it sped things up.

With 3rd labour i had them broke after 2 days of pessaries had done nothing. They broke them, then looked at my haemoglobin levels and decided i was dangerously anaemic so they set up a syntocin drip straight away to bring on contractions - i think it was this rather than the waters breaking that got labour going.

Good luck tho - i hope things happen for you before then and you dont need them breaking!

I had my waters broken while being induced... it was awful, very uncomfortable. (but my cervix was still behind babys head when in was done)

i had this done with my second i was 14 days overdue and was 3cm dilated when i went into hospital. i didnt feel any pains for 2hours and the midwife just got the doctor to prescribe me the drip to speed up contractions when i started contracting so didnt need it thank god, kayla was born 2 hrs and 20 mins later but i was induced with the pessary with my first and the same thing happened nothing happened for a few hours and then when it did start it only took 5 hours.

hope this helps hun

xxx

I was induced at 12days over, had 3 pessaries over 2days which didnt do a lot except start slow contractions. At 14days over Id finally statred to dilate so they put me on the drip and broke my waters but for me it did nothing. Nothing much leaked out and I ended up needing an emergency c section as Maia got very distressed It was all an awful experience for me

Hope I havent scared you but I wish Id known how wrong it could go before I went in, I always thought inductions were quicker and having your waters broken and going on the drip made it happen fast. How wrong was i??!! Im sure you'll be fine though especially as you're already dilated quite a bit anyway, good luck