Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Child and Working Tax Credits

stuck under the feeding or sleeping baby.

Re: Child and Working Tax Credits

hmmmm handy that I posted on this thread before. I've just realised it's a month tomorrow since I sent the forms off and have heard nothing yet.
    Alhumdulilah My beautiful boy Eesa was born 07/08/09

If I was you I would give them a quick ring to make sure everything has been recieved.

stuck under the feeding or sleeping baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly
    If I was you I would give them a quick ring to make sure everything has been recieved.
    oooo they've put money in my account. Not got a letter yet explaining how much we'll get a month. I'm guessing it's back dated.
    Alhumdulilah My beautiful boy Eesa was born 07/08/09

Im sorted with CTC but not WTC yet. Acually need to call them and get a form!

DF changed job and makes a bit more now but we've lost 120 a week in tax credits. And apparently we owe about 500!

Going to check it all out later as doesnt sound quite right.

hi the max wtc and ctc will back days is 90 days which is 3 months,

u can only cliam wtc while ur on maternity if its paid maternity not any unpiad as ur not classed as working then!

Quote Originally Posted by samzi
    Im sorted with CTC but not WTC yet. Acually need to call them and get a form!
    all u need to do it call them with ur details and they will update your claim, u need to paye ref number a full names address for ur employer start date, hours working and est income for year

Quote Originally Posted by ibuellie
    hmmmm handy that I posted on this thread before. I've just realised it's a month tomorrow since I sent the forms off and have heard nothing yet.
    it can take a while, id give them a call as you may have missed something out and ur application is just could be sitting there not processing, it took me 3 months to get tax credits and i work for them!

iv recently moved in with oh and waiting to hear on a joint claim, oh doesnt currently work and im on statuary maternity pay. iv been told by the tax office ill recieve the same but a little extra because ohs son who lives with us will be put on so iv been told ill get 3 ctc and my wtc above i read that you dont get wtc if both dont work but theyve told me i will whos right?? im down for 30 hours per week when working im still awaiting the claim just keep being fobbed off saying its in process iv not recieved a payment since the 27th january

8lb4halfoz 19.02.2008 17.22pm

iv just found this on the website

basic element, paid to any working person who meets the conditions
    lone parent element, for single parents
    couples element, for couples

30 hour element, for people who work at least 30 hours a week. Couples with at least one child can claim the 30 hour element if they work at least 30 hours a week between them providing at least one of them works 16 hours or more a week <------- does this mean im ok to still get it cause i do 30 hours??

disability element, for people with a disability
    severe disability element, for people with a severe disability
    50-plus element, for people aged 50 or over who are starting work after a period on benefits
    childcare element, for people who spend money on registered or approved childcare.

8lb4halfoz 19.02.2008 17.22pm

Ok they back dated my claim to 10/5/11 but my child wasnt born till the 20th have they made a mistake and should i ring them to sort it?

Mum to a beautiful baby girl born 20th May 2011 2.10am 5lb 14ozs

Child Tax Credit

Child Tax Credit is paid into the bank account of the claimant (parent) who is the main carer to the child.

Families who are on incomes of up to £58,000 a year, or £66,000 a year if there is at least one child who is less than a year old ( these are combined wages), can benefit from Child Tax Credit whether or not they are working.

This credit is there for the sole purpose to support your child and help towards the costs of raising your child.

ive looked into this as when i seen the part about income of upto 58,000 or 66,000 i thought well me and my oh should come under this as between us we earn no more than 40,000 a year and guess what we are not ableto claim anything as the actual amount you can earn upto is as stated on hm website the following:

Because your household income is more than 26,000 a year, you might not qualify for tax credits. But it's important to know that:
    • this is a rough guide, based on a family with one child
    • whether you can actually get tax credits will depend on your own circumstances
    If you have two children, for example, you may still be able to get tax credits if your income is up to 32,200 a year.

Kayleigh- same situation here, we earn under 58000 but when I did an online calculator it said we aren't entitled to child tax credits or working tax credits. 26,000 seems like a very low threshold.

As far as I know the threshold for receiving Child Tax Credit came down to 27,000 last year, the other figures must have been for previous years. I think its higher if you pay childcare or have more than one child. Hope that helps

Yeah they changed, I had my son in 2010 and we had combined wage of 30k and we got CTC, then in 2011 the tories reduced it to 26k for one child and 32k for 2 childrem so we lost it (we only got 10 a week as it was) now we are expecting baby number 2 we should be able to get it back unless they change the threasholds again xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast