Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Thread: Potty training thread

I had similar with Freyja like I say. The bubbles have really helped as she gets distracted by them. Today she took herself off and found the potty to do one without saying anything. I know you said rewards do t work though but just thinking of she took a favourite toy or something with her to the loo it may help?

Maybe a chat with the hv tomorrow? Mine were really reassuring

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

I'm going to sound awful here but if she wants to do it in the nappy let her. If your out explain that you can't put one on until she gets home. In my experience with DD holding it in can cause far more complications. We've at times had to use suppositories just to get her poo out. We've been trying to get DD to poo in the toilet since she came out of nappies at 2 with very little success. She now is at an understanding were she knows she can't wear them anymore and yesterday took herself off to the toilet. We have had times over the last 2 years were she has poo'd in the toilet but I've just given up and finally she's realised herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's still loads of time for her liz. Like you say, she's likely to hold it anyway if not.
    Hugs xx

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Freyja Mikaela. Born at 39 weeks, 03/04/13, 6lb 1oz

Tobyn Harry. Born at 39+4 weeks, 25/09/15, 7lb 11oz

Quote Originally Posted by Samib View Post
    Thanks, I think I might just go for it then. Another problem is that he's going through a throwing stage. Loves throwing his potty around. This could get messy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I taught my son to empty and flush which he loved. He occasionally dribbled a bit but it was better than having pottys lying around the house for us to trip over. Either that or just leave the potty in the bathroom/toilet so accidents are localised!

Honestly im being so serious the poohs will just click. Josh just said to me one day he didnt want to wear a pull up to bed anynorw so i tols him straight no pull up means u pooh in the toilet and he did it ever since! My fridnd had a 4 uear old and a 3 year old and they both still use a pull up to for a pooh

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Just going to read this thread to help with potty training. DD (37 months) is ok with weeing in the potty, but keeps doing poos in her knickers.

Unhelpful comment from OH "well we just have to keep doing what we're doing, she can't wear a nappy forever".

I'll remind him of that when he's scraping poo from her knickers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast