Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Potty training thread

Potty training thread

Right, DD is now totally dry when we're at home and can use the potty on her own. I took her out yesterday to my mum's and she had a little accident, just a tiny wee before she realised what she was doing.

Took her round the neighbour's house to play with her little friend. Took the potty and she weed on the floor . Then she went through another 3 pairs of trousers doing little wees as she started to wee before realising what she was doing. As soon as she realised she assked for the potty and went no problem. I think she was distracted by playing with her friends millions of toys .

Is this normal when potty training?

Also, she's got trampolining tomorrow and I'm not sure what to do. Would you put her in knickers and take a potty or put her in a nappy for the hour we're there? I feel that we would be taking a step backwards if I put a nappy on her but don't want to push her to fast.

When we drove home from my mum's she asked for poo when we were 5 minutes from home (so I put my foot down and was tempted to jump a red light ) and she jumped on the potty as soon as we got home and did a huge wee so I know she can hold it.

Re: Sorry, another potty question

Sounds like shes just distracted like you said,its all completely normal.When i was potty training Sam he was so excited at the mirror in a changing room he peed all over the floor. If it was me i would put training pants or a nappy on for trampolining,jumping on them makes me want to wee at my age

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Blog Entries

I hope it's a normal part of potty training as dd is just like that.
    She is mainly dry in the house although we still go through phases of being a little bit wet before she sits on the potty and occasioanlly have the odd accident. But when we're out or she's at nursery it's really hard and she's just too distracted to be bothered to ask. She's not at the stage where she's bothered about accidents either so she'll just come to me and ask for more pants cos she's wee'd

OMG....just as I typed that she's come running into the front room telling me she's pooed on the kitchen floor
    Mummy to 2 beautiful girls age 5 and 7

We have been in pants since June and DD still often does a little bit of wee before finishing on the toilet, Im not sure she knows she needs to go before this tbh. She is also awful for getting distracted and wetting herself.

The trampolining thing is difficult, I wouldn't want to put her in a nappy as i too would feel it was a step backwards, but I know the effect trampolining has on me could you take her literally just before it starts and hope for the best? If not training pants are good, we got some from Mothercare that look just like pants but have a towelling and waterproof inside so hold an accident for long enough to get to the toilet. We used them for gym tots as I was scared she would do a big wee all over the equipment! DD just saw them as pants too so didn't ever wee in them thinking they were a nappy.

Angel's been in knickers since May and she has the very rare accident even now. In the beginning i'd take 1-2 spare knickers/trousers depending on how long we'd be out. Once she'd pretty much mastered doing it at home i stopped putting her in nappies to go out.
    She can be so easily distracted. In the early days she'd be playing and just forget to tell me. But now she's so much better. I take her to nursery and she comes back with the same clothes on so i guess she tells them or they remind her.
    When she had a few accidents while out, i just started asking her if she needed a wee. So if she was playing, after half an hour i'd just ask if she needed a wee. Seemed to do the trick.

Probably just distracted as you say, she's doing so well!

I wouldn't put a nappy on for trampolining tbh, just take her to try for a wee before and straight after. Can you put some thickish trousers on her that will absorb the wee if she has an accident?
    Previously known as Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Full of Hope

I wouldn't put a nappy on for trampolining tbh, just take her to try for a wee before and straight after. Can you put some thickish trousers on her that will absorb the wee if she has an accident?
    That's what I did, put fleecey trousers on her. She did a tiny wee while jumping then stopped herself then went to the toilet (proper toilet, not a potty!!). She went twice while we were there . She then used my mum's toilet about 4 times when we went round there after so I'm pretty confident now with taking her out nappyless and can just take her little seat to put on the toilet .

Cally has been sry for a while and we still get this occasionally. It is more when she is having fun or busy and doesn't realise she needs a wee till too late.

As for the trampolining, do what woks for you. C has been in pants for quite a while but when we went to soft play I put her in a nappy as 1. I didn't want to stress her out with playing and having an accident and 2. I have had the wee down the slide thing before with her sister lol. It didn't faze Cally, she asked for the loo and was dry in pants no issues.
    beardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeardbeard

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel
    Quote Originally Posted by Full of Hope

That's what I did, put fleecey trousers on her. She did a tiny wee while jumping then stopped herself then went to the toilet (proper toilet, not a potty!!). She went twice while we were there . She then used my mum's toilet about 4 times when we went round there after so I'm pretty confident now with taking her out nappyless and can just take her little seat to put on the toilet .
    Well done!! What a little star
    Previously known as Stars

Blog Entries

Howdy!

I've stickied this bad boy, potty training seems to come up quite a bit so it might be good to have an ongoing thread with hints and tips etc

So cinch up your laces, put more tape on your hands if you need it and
    strap your helmet on tight. Go out there and hurt the first son of a bitch
    you see. Lets go kick some ass.
    I like big beards and I cannot lie

Private - potty training

Just seen this today and thought it was soooo cute!!

http://www.pirouettecacahouete.com

My Little man Tobias arrived 21st June 2010
    My Little madam Adélise arrived 17 March 2013

Blog Entries

Re: Private - potty training

That is very cute! I know DD likes to poo in 'private' and my friend's DS was the same, if they weren't so pricey I might have bought one Need a large cardboard box now hehe
    DS is 10♥ DD is 8♥ Banana Bear is 4♥ Still always broody!

Re: Private - potty training

i just love it!!! i love the little peak holes in it!! i saw it in the baby mag they have here in swiss!!! found some other very unique stuff will post a few more later

My Little man Tobias arrived 21st June 2010
    My Little madam Adélise arrived 17 March 2013

Re: Potty training thread

Ooh a potty training thread - just what I need!

Ok here goes - Finlay has been about 85% potty trained for a few months now, he would use his potty without a problem yet this week he has had a BAD week - on Tuesday at school he got through 5 pairs of trousers and today he was changed twice before 11 o clock!! I ended up putting him in a pull up as we were going to soft play and, to take the pressure off, put him in a nappy afterwards. Is is usual to go THIS much backwards? He's not even trying to get to his potty! I dont want to put him in a nappy at all but I can't keep having him wet himself.
    Kylie1007

Blog Entries

Re: Potty training thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roux
    Ooh a potty training thread - just what I need!

Ok here goes - Finlay has been about 85% potty trained for a few months now, he would use his potty without a problem yet this week he has had a BAD week - on Tuesday at school he got through 5 pairs of trousers and today he was changed twice before 11 o clock!! I ended up putting him in a pull up as we were going to soft play and, to take the pressure off, put him in a nappy afterwards. Is is usual to go THIS much backwards? He's not even trying to get to his potty! I dont want to put him in a nappy at all but I can't keep having him wet himself.
    This is a bit like my DD-she was 90% trained in the house -maybe less when out and about -more like 50% (too distracted) but then all of a sudden we went right back to stage 1 I picked her up form nursery and it was the same as your son-they'd gone though 5 pairs of trousers and were looking like this when I turned up!!
    No idea what's happened but we went right back to stickers and cheering when she did something on the potty. 2 weeks later and I still don't feel like we're back to how things were, but getting better. The problem I have is she's too good to put back in nappies, but still having enough accidents to make it very stressful and unpredictable.
    I know she's young and was still in nappies a couple of months ago so I'm just keeping going and hoping it 'clicks' all of a sudden!

If anyone has any advice-please let me know!
    Mummy to 2 beautiful girls age 5 and 7

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast