Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Potty training thread

Re: Potty training thread

Nothing has changed either -the only possible disturbance is that we've been away for the weekend and he was in a nappy for the journey both ways - a 3.5 hr journey at best - but was in pants while we were away. He goes to school 2 whole days a week and last week's 2 days and this Tuesday he went in upset for some reason but it was only Tuesday this week that he was so bad in the pants dept! I try not to get cross but when his potty is within arms reach and he just wets his pants is SO frustrating.
    Kylie1007

Re: Sorry, another potty question

Quote Originally Posted by xmcnickyx
    Howdy!

I've stickied this bad boy, potty training seems to come up quite a bit so it might be good to have an ongoing thread with hints and tips etc
    Thank you

Hope you don't mind but i've put the link to my potty training related thread in here too!

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=113511
    Previously known as Stars

Blog Entries

DD is still having a lot of accidents.
    I was doing fine with the regression which started a couple of weeks ago, but I just picked her up form nursery and she's basically just done most in her pants today. Even when we were getting ready to go home she was soaking wet and she's just wet herself at home too

I don't know if i'm just having a hormonal day but I just feel so stressed with it and I'm getting upset (I'm not normally like this) She's really not bothered when she had accidents, but it's so annoying cos I know she can do it.

I know she's only little and I should stop stressing-I just don't know what to do atm. Should I put her back in nappies? Even though we've had full days of no accidents and no promting needed?
    Mummy to 2 beautiful girls age 5 and 7

When did you introduce LO to the potty? Right when you were starting or sometime before. I think Alex is a bit young yet to start full on potty training but he's started telling me sometimes when he's pooed. So thought if I buy a potty and get him acclimatised to it. But don't want him to think it's just a toy?

Hey guys! We're not potty training yet, but he manags to tell me about 5 minutes after a poop

My question - Is it easier to gostraight onto the toilet? Rathr than using a potty, then getting LO used to a toilet after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire86
    Hey guys! We're not potty training yet, but he manags to tell me about 5 minutes after a poop

My question - Is it easier to gostraight onto the toilet? Rathr than using a potty, then getting LO used to a toilet after that?
    I would have gone straight to the loo if we had one downstairs. We have the potty downstairs and take it with us when we go out and she sits on it in the back of the car for a wee befre we go in a shop.

DD keeps telling me before she does a wee or poo but she wont use the potty. I've just put the potty in the living room in case she asks to use it. This morning she did a poo with her head in the potty (it was clean btw )

Jessica is nappy free during the day now and we are on night 2 of nappy less bedtimes.

I was going to leave it longer but we had a couple of dry morning nappies earlier in the week and I decided to just bite the bullet as I have ordered a new bed (still co sleeping) and this mattress will be dumped in 3 weeks and I reckon we should have cracked it by then if I just set to. She had one accident last night (I out a towel under her) but got up three times for a wee, just need to stop giving her water to go to bed which is the hardest bit.

However, I am in a bit of a quandary. A friend suggested going to Bristol for the day on Saturday. It would be a long day, 2 hour drive each way and then the whole day wandering round shops etc. I don't really want to put her in a nappy but I'm worried about how easy it will be to get her to the toilet. She doesn't give me a lot of warning (at home or at nanny's she just takes herself off to the toilet on her own) and i won't necessarily know where there nearest toilet it. Would it be better to just not go? I take plenty of changes of clothes with is but a whole day is potentially a disaster waiting to happen. I took her to soft play yesterday though and we were there 2 hours and she didn't have an accident, she asked for a wee 3 times, but the toilets were easy to get to and they have potties. Argh, I'm thinking it might be better to save a trip like this until I'm more confident and she's better at giving me notice and holding it. It doesn't help that she wees so much! Lol

Travel potty just in case you're not near a loo? DD is fine now when we're out but I still take her to the loo every time we pass one and she usually performs. After 5 days DD refused to wear a nappy when we went out and kept peeing in the car seat but she stopped doing it after a few days. We don't go anywhere without a potty in the boot and I make DD use it every time we stop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel
    Travel potty just in case you're not near a loo? DD is fine now when we're out but I still take her to the loo every time we pass one and she usually performs. After 5 days DD refused to wear a nappy when we went out and kept peeing in the car seat but she stopped doing it after a few days. We don't go anywhere without a potty in the boot and I make DD use it every time we stop.
    ^^^^i agree----travel potty's are great and just make sure you take her when you see a toilet. My daughter is still a nightmare whn out as she's can't go long between wees or hold it more than 2 secs, so when out it's more a case of predicting when she'll needb it and getting there 1st!
    Mummy to 2 beautiful girls age 5 and 7

I was stressing about today and completely forgot we were going to
    Birmingham for In The Night Garden live - 3 hour round journey. I took her potty seat in the car but the venue was great - all the toilets had trainer seats and a little step (she doesn't like balancing on big seats even though I hold her) and we didn't have any accidents until we went to a little petting zoo and she told me she needed a wee but wet herself before we got to the toilet. Took plenty of spare clothes though so just stripped her off in the car and she sat on the potty in the boot!

Night times are going pretty well as long as I don't give her a drink - harder than it sounds, she begs, pleads, demands a drink at night and has a massive tantrum if I dot give her what she wants.

In the past 24 hours we've had 3 poos on the potty . I'm having to watch her like a hawk though and she spends hours going to the potty sitting down then saying "noooooooo" getting up and running off but I've managed to grab her at the right moment so she's goes on the potty.

Wees are pretty much sorted now, she needed a wee in the supermarket yesterday and she managed to hold it for a few minutes as the cubicles were all full!

Well done Connie!

Jessica is the complete opposite. She has been pooing on the potty or the toilet in preference to her nappy (or the floor) since she was about 18 months. She would ask me to take her nappy off so she could poo on the toilet.

Wees however, she can still be lazy. If there is something really good on Cbeebies she will just wee on the sofa. However, she can hold it and we can go days without her having an accident and then she will have three in the space of an hour and it drives me mad! She hasn't been on nappies during the day for a while now (I think she would go mental if I tried ) and she has been nappy less at night for almost a week and no accidents at night for the last 3 nights.

I'm still finding it much harder work than nappies though.

james seems to have got off to a good start, we've done our first visits out of the house in big boy pants this week and no accidents whilst out; I've just been putting the normal potty under the pushchair.

Generally, whats the best way to think about nigth time training? THe nappy this morning was totally dry and i was a bit shocked, cos they are normally saturated.

Check out my stuff for sale in Helen's shop

AKA heles7

Poo on the potty again today and only 5 minutes of dancing about saying "I need a poooooooo"

I think I can confidently say DD is now 100% potty trained through the day .

Not going to attempt nights yet, she wees a lot so might take a while and I don;t want to be woken at night 10 times with her needing a wee when I've got to work the next day.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast